Copa: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-3

dakt

We MUST be better in midfield. Seeing Messi doing midfield work is a waste of quality pressure in the front line.

F

Flavia

We MUST be better in midfield. Seeing Messi doing midfield work is a waste of quality pressure in the front line.

With that pitch, in the calderon, counters was the best option.

L

linetty

Busquets: “The best team went through. They need to know how to win and how to lose.”

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Game was over in first half and I can only judge it for those first 45 mins.

Team play well considering the shocking goal in 1st minute, awful pitch and many fouls commited by fanatical hosts. Oh, and the insidious ref who gifted Atleti a penalty.
I say, insidious, because after he saw the game was over (2-3) he expelled Gabi so now they can put some weight on Barca's scale od ref decisions. Just like they have a habit of giving Barca penalties when it doesn't matter.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Great game, great win. Shout out to the Neysayers, dude is making a lot of people eat their words. Putting the team on his back and keeping it real despite getting kicked every step of the way.

I'm still concerned about the state of our midfield however. We desperately lacked control in that first half, we couldn't coordinate a good string of passes in the center and it all had to be MSN combining to create a scoring opportunity. Rakitic-Iniesta provides no control of the game whatsoever and puts a lot of pressure on the defense and the front line.

It worries me because especially against City, that's a big tactical weakness that can be crucially exploited by the right team and City do have some quality through the center. I'm not saying we will lose but I just think this is all a bit deceiving. Especially if we play a Bayern or a Dortmund, or any team that move the ball as well as we do, our current setup might not hold up.

Time will tell but we desperately need a controlling MF to complement either Iniesta or Rakitic, neither are good about controlling the tempo at this moment so imo, either Xavi or Sergi Roberto need to be starting and getting form. If we could control the tempo through the center more, pin teams back and just deliver constant service to MSN, then it will enhance how much space we can get on the counter. Whenever teams do get the ball, they'll rush forward bc it's the first chance they have gotten for a while and that's when can open them up directly with a counter.

Lucho deserves credit bc the defense is solid and the attack is working well but this team will never be complete and balanced until we get our MF sorted out. Xavi-Rakitic and Iniesta-Sergi would be how I'd pair it.

mssarm

Our tactics were awesome. We gave them the ball and worked on counter attacks. ATM wasn't expecting counter attacking Barca. Lucho deserves a credit for that. But ATM is a nasty team, Cholo shaking the hand of the player who got redcarded for kicking Messi or hugging Turan who threw his boot at the linesman- is simply disgrace. I just feel so great that we kicked their ass for the 3-rd time in the row:barca scarf:

aaron101

So one more game against Atletico this season (La Liga game @ Calderon). I hope we don't face them in the UCL again. I'm afraid of our players getting injured against them.

I wonder what kind of tactics will Lucho use in the La Liga match against them at Calderon.

frog-fcb

So one more game against Atletico this season (La Liga game @ Calderon). I hope we don't face them in the UCL again. I'm afraid of our players getting injured against them.

I wonder what kind of tactics will Lucho use in the La Liga match against them at Calderon.

hopefully we could havwe the league wrapped up by then so we can give the kids a run out an save our big players for the cl final lol

Home of Barca Fans