Copa Final 2015: Athletic - Barça 1-3 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Cholo comfortably beats RM with 7 changes in his lineup, essentially played Atleti B today (Gamez, Lucas, Oblak, Suarez, RG8, Saul,). What a team, they've been improving so much in the past month or two.

F

Flavia

Cholo comfortably beats RM with 7 changes in his lineup, essentially played Atleti B today (Gamez, Lucas, Oblak, Suarez, RG8, Saul,). What a team, they've been improving so much in the past month or two.

Spot on. We don't have one.

It just shows you don't need wc players in all positions. And why a better coach can do much better with the squad Barça have.

L

linetty

We're gonna get our ass kicked hard by Simeone. That's good, I don't want Barca to win these games.

serghei

And why a better coach can do much better with the squad Barça have.

Our physical level is not even close to Atletico's. Our players would feint if they had to run and close down space like Atletico's players had to tonight. They're super-hunry, we're not. I'm not sure a new manager would fix that. Tactics yes, they would improve, but that determination again may not be possible for the Iniesta - Pique generation. They had their moments.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
More like 6. I count RG as a starter.

It was 7 in total changes from last weeks lineup, not 7 out and out reserve players. As for RG being a starter, ehhh. He plays a lot but more for tactical reasons when Cholo is trying to add a set piece threat or mitigate oppositions' damage capability. If Atleti were playing their most capable lineup (with the most chemistry too), it'd be:

------Mandzukic---Griezmann
---Koke----------------------Arda
---------Tiago-----Gabi---------
Siquera--Godin--Gimenez--Juanfran
--------------Moya

The most expendable inclusions being Siquera and then Moya for me (if Oblak performs the way he did today). RG is a good attacking Keita for them but not one of their best players. Simeone just anticipates the team playing more defensively in some cases, but I feel like Atleti would find more success playing with that front 4.

Morten

Atletico is kind of facinating. I dont think i have ever been impressed with their general play and possession of the ball, in that aspect they look like your average mid-table club. But they are so bloody well organized without the ball and are masters of exploiting a mistake at the back or a setpiece. I cant understand how they keep getting goals this way.

Neymessi

Which 2 teams would we face after defeating atletico?Can someone tell which teams are left from the other half of the fixtures?Its complicated because of the fixture structure this year.

F

Flavia

Which 2 teams would we face after defeating atletico?Can someone tell which teams are left from the other half of the fixtures?Its complicated because of the fixture structure this year.

One of Villarreal, Sociedad, Almeria or Getafe in the semis, if we win the 1/4.

Egert

Estonian Culé
One of Villarreal, Sociedad, Almeria or Getafe in the semis, if we win the 1/4.

We will never get through. We need a miracle, I am very calm about not winning titles in the next 2 years, it feels like supporting QPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans