Copa Final 2015: Athletic - Barça 1-3 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'd avoid Espanyol in the final. Obviously, we are the better team, but it'd be a derby after all. They will probably raise their game by 200%.

Leo_Messi

I'd avoid Espanyol in the final. Obviously, we are the better team, but it'd be a derby after all. They will probably raise their game by 200%.

So would Athletic. FCB-Athletic is a well-known football rivalry. They would want revenge after the two lost finals too. Lastly they are a better team than Espanyol.

A Catalan derby in the final is a game that you would look forward to for weeks. As a fan you want to see such games.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
So would Athletic. FCB-Athletic is a well-known football rivalry. They would want revenge after the two lost finals too. Lastly they are a better team than Espanyol.

A Catalan derby in the final is a game that you would look forward to for weeks. As a fan you want to see such games.

I'd feel more sure about a win in the final against Athletic. They just barely won against Malaga, while Espanyol managed to go through against Sevilla. Bilbao's season has been a disaster so far. But yeah, we'll get a tough match whether it's Athletic or Espanyol.

Leo_Messi

I'd feel more sure about a win in the final against Athletic. They just barely won against Malaga, while Espanyol managed to go through against Sevilla. Bilbao's season has been a disaster so far. But yeah, we'll get a tough match whether it's Athletic or Espanyol.

Sure, Athletic have been poor this season. Despite this then they are still a better team than Espanyol. Especially player for player. Also historically speaking then Athletic is only second to FCB when it comes to Copa del Rey wins. We have a recent history with them too. They would want revenge for those two lost CdR finals.

A Catalan derby would be more exciting as well. Here's hoping that Espanyol can quality for the final. The pleasure of a win would be greater too if the team defeated Espanyol rather than Athletic.

aaron101

I would like to have a Catalan derby at San Mames stadium. That stadium is awesome. Bernabeu is also a good venue for the Catalan clubs lol.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Sure, Athletic have been poor this season. Despite this then they are still a better team than Espanyol. Especially player for player. Also historically speaking then Athletic is only second to FCB when it comes to Copa del Rey wins. We have a recent history with them too. They would want revenge for those two lost CdR finals.

A Catalan derby would be more exciting as well. Here's hoping that Espanyol can quality for the final. The pleasure of a win would be greater too if the team defeated Espanyol rather than Athletic.

They are definitely better player for player, but I don't entirely agree on them being the better team or else it would have been evident in the table. Look at Dortmund for instance. There's no doubt on the quality of their players, but as a team, they are a mess. The same can be said about Athletic, not to the same extent obviously.

Leo_Messi

They are definitely better player for player, but I don't entirely agree on them being the better team or else it would have been evident in the table. Look at Dortmund for instance. There's no doubt on the quality of their players, but as a team, they are a mess. The same can be said about Athletic, not to the same extent obviously.

You have to remember that finals are a different ball game altogether. Also the difference between the two teams in the league is not very big. 6 points. I expect Athletic to outperform Espanyol before the CdR final.

Dortmund is an extreme example but even if we assume that FCB were to play in the DFB-Pokal final would you then prefer to play a Dortmund team in crisis domestically or for instance Borussia Mönchengladbach? I know who I would prefer.

Also we are talking about two different competitions and finals are always something entirely different. It's 90 minutes of football (usually) and anything can happen. I rather play against a team with inferior players (on paper that is) than the opposite.

L

linetty

Espanyol isn't a tough opponent and Bilbao aren't doing particularly well (we have beaten them 3-0 three years ago in CdR final and they were in much better shape then). Villarreal is not easy to beat but over 2 legs I just can't see us losing but I can see us working out a decent advantage.

raskolnikov

I would like to have a Catalan derby at San Mames stadium. That stadium is awesome. Bernabeu is also a good venue for the Catalan clubs lol.

How is the venue decided? does it happen before the tournament starts or before the final? and is it always neutral?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
You have to remember that finals are a different ball game altogether. Also the difference between the two teams in the league is not very big. 6 points. I expect Athletic to outperform Espanyol before the CdR final.

Dortmund is an extreme example but even if we assume that FCB were to play in the DFB-Pokal final would you then prefer to play a Dortmund team in crisis domestically or for instance Borussia Mönchengladbach? I know who I would prefer.

Also we are talking about two different competitions and finals are always something entirely different. It's 90 minutes of football (usually) and anything can happen. I rather play against a team with inferior players (on paper that is) than the opposite.

Of course, anything can happen in a final. When there's been a long term fundamental issue in the team, there's no given that they will get it together up to a final, whilst a better functioning team will have momentum. I know who I'd prefer too. I guess we'll just have to agree on disagreeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans