Copa Final 2015: Athletic - Barça 1-3 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcalove

Banned
Since most people take it for granted that we win against Juve and almost everyone takes it for granted that we win against Athletic I can see us losing both. In his first CL final Cruyff told his players to go out and enjoy the game. In his second CL final he told the players that they are better and that they will win. Guess which game the won and which one they lost. I see similarites. Last year we were shit, this year we are heroes. Okay, we got La Liga and played got in the 2nd half of the season but there is no need to get overexcited. In 08/09 not everyone was talking about the treble. It ended in a sextuple. In 10/11 many people were talking about the treble - back then when it was only very likely we'd win La Liga. I also see similarities - to our state of mind of 10/11 season but not (of course not no team in my lifetime will play like we did in that season) in the style of play. Dangerous combination.
Yea, but we are not the players, and what we think or say doesnt effect anything on the players

Catalan Fan

I don't mind if people are cautious, works for me ! :)

The bookies have us at around 1/10 ON to lift the CDR, which is ridiculous if you ask me.Bilbao will give it a real go and even though we have home advantage, they will have plenty of noisy fans there.Plus it's their last game of the season, so they won't hold back in any way.

I hope rather than expect us to win and if we can do it without any injuries, that would be great.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
CF8oIYdVIAAciDg.jpg:large

Barca's first Copa winning team. Exactly 105 years ago

SKS-

Really intrigued to see how Bilbao approach this match.

In the game (way) earlier this season at the Camp Nou, they played relaxed and that allowed Barca time to find the gaps. Unfortunately, Munir played in that game, and he was unable to capitalize on a few good chances in the first half. Second half was really much of the same IIRC, Bilbao didnt really offer much and Barca continued to find gaps and eventually Neymar was able to put away two.

In contrast, at the San Mames, Bilbao pressed like crazy, and up until the first goal (which took a wicked deflection), the pressure seemed to bother Barca. Nonetheless, eventually Barca figured it out, and playing that high line as Bilbao did, proved to be their downfall.

Looking ahead to the CDR Final, Barca is going to run amok on them if they are one-dimensional. I don't think its realistic for them to attempt to press for the first 45, nor should they strictly play on the counter. They definitely have quality, and if they find a good balance between pressing & absorbing pressure, then they could really give Barca a fight.

goope

You sly dog, you. :lucho:

Yeah, all you guys do is getting drunk and chattin about how high we'll trash Bilbao and I am the only one getting a headache by thinking about how to make up your good spirit with good ol' cule-style pessimism to jinx us to the treble.

If Barca wins anything more this year it is all and only because of me. Fuck the players and the coach, these people do shit. Tell me what did they do all year?
All our achievements in the past decade were down to Flavia open match threads and me jinxing us to history. And who is getting all the praise? Me? No, these excentric millionaires who do nohing else than kicking an ugly ball around some turf. Jeez, life is so unfair.
Now show some respect and hail me for what I have done for al of you and I'll forgive you that your attention is all for these Messi and Xavi people. Damn...

raki

Bilbao are a good team and had a good 2nd round in Liga but only a very poor performance by Barcelona will get them to win. Aduriz is a threat.

Catalan Fan

goope, if we win the next two games, I will refer to you as the "messiah" * until the the end of days. :thumbsup:

* pun intended !

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think the best approach for Bilbao would be to start the game like Atletico often does against us and press like crazy to force an early goal. After that stay deep and disrupt the rhythm of the game with occasional pressing from time to time.
But I do not think Bilbao can win this game if we can show what we are capable off. Their defense will not be able to withstand our pressure. A Suarez injury would make the whole thing more difficult but I think he will play and even if he does not play, Pedro will do fine. His goal against Real Sociedad came at the right moment and has given him some confidence.

CL final is more even but we should win this one if nothing crazy happens. Injury, red card, freak goals by Bilbao, crazy misses by our players etc.

goope

goope, if we win the next two games, I will refer to you as the "messiah" * until the the end of days. :thumbsup:

* pun intended !

Yeah, but since I intended that there might be a chance that I just tried to jinx it - did I unjinx it? So if we lose against Juve, is it actually my fault? #justjadenthings

M

monamou

Spanish government has informed Athletic and Barcelona that they will be punished if their fans whistle the national anthem during cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans