Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Meh. So tired of these 2 now. Can't wait to see them disappear into oblivion. Both of them are overrated and didn't deserve as much as they got. They prevented other utterly deserving players from getting their flowers coz of the media hype.

The last 15 years were ruined by this cringeworthy rivalry and player worshipping culture. Most of their actual achievements were due to the collective superteams they played in. Their club career was spent being supported by all time greats in every position catering to their game. Their fanboys need to chill and stop pretending that they carried all their teams. Not even close! Football will always be a team sport.

People always followed the players they liked since forever but supporting a club because of a player is next level degeneracy.

My favourite player ever is an AC Milan legend. That never made Milan my favourite Italian club let alone favourite club in the world.

The most overrated rivalry ever and a toxic influence in Football Fandom.

2000-2010 era was much more fun.

During the peak Messi/Ronaldo era every second kid was Barca or Real Madrid fan 🤣

In terms of the rivalry it didnt make me tired as based on individual performances i dont see the oustanding players like in last 2 generations. Imo there is Mbappe and Vini.....and thats it.

Temptation

During the peak Messi/Ronaldo era every second kid was Barca or Real Madrid fan 🤣

In terms of the rivalry it didnt make me tired as based on individual performances i dont see the oustanding players like in last 2 generations. Imo there is Mbappe and Vini.....and thats it.
The pre Messi Ronaldo era had a different best player every year and there were way more flair players and unique players. Teams played many many different styles.

It became very robotic and predictable after that.

Oil money came in gradually which led to colossal tectonic changes in the sport.

The fanboy phenomenon seeped into the mainstream media and even the Football hierarchy causing a lot of dependence on hype and narratives.

Temptation

I'd like to see that, actually, it would probably be cringe.

He is a talented footballer, but i doubt he is much of an actor.
Does he need to be much of an actor though?

Just has to be a super popular personality.

We should use "movie star" instead of actor.

Dwayne Johnson can't act to save his life.

Temptation

Well, he'll be Ronaldo. He'll be himself.

The Rock was an example that you don't need acting chops to cut it as a movie star in Hollywood.

It won't be the acclaimed academy awards material but just popcorn entertainers.

KingLeo10

I think you would be right if Ronaldo would have not won the 3 cls in a row+Euro
Imo in the beginning Messi has lead the rivalry, then in the middle Ronaldo, at the end Messi again because of the WC
The Euro is a big trophy no doubt but CR7 didn’t really play the final at all, and his team won without him. So although he played a major part in other rounds, zero contribution in the final is a big ding.

He was unbelievable in the CL 13-18 though. But so was Messi from 08-15, except for 13/14.

Messi winning 2 golden balls and making 2 finals, and winning one of the best finals of all time v France while scoring 2 goals (and 1 more PK) is a big difference.

Messi’s NT achievements are Maradona level. CR7’s NT achievements are like Eusebio level. Big difference.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, he'll be Ronaldo. He'll be himself.

The Rock was an example that you don't need acting chops to cut it as a movie star in Hollywood.

It won't be the acclaimed academy awards material but just popcorn entertainers.

There's quite a few stars in Hollywood that are shit actors, however CR7s problem is likely going to be his English which is pretty good, but tough to hide that accent.

More likely to star in some Portuguese telenovela.

Not to forget the man has dodged going to the USA ever since the Mayorga case. Even got Juve to pull out of their pre-season there lol.

KingLeo10

Yeah at the club level, Messi CR7 and Maldini are the 3 best all time, no question

But Messi just shut the door with his recent NT achievements

Iniesta Ultra

Took him a moment to answer if he'll be playing at his highest level in his 40's, hilarious he actually believes his own answer.

If only we could get a lie detector on Xavi during his pressers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans