Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

“What does it matter to me what Xavi says? Xavi plays in Qatar or used to, I don’t know. He has no relevance. What do you want me to tell you?

Back in 2015, speaking on the Jonathan Ross show, Ronaldo made a point of how he wanted to end his career with "dignity".
"In my mind I want to finish in the top level," he said.
"I want to finish with dignity so in a good club. It doesn’t mean that to go USA or Qatar or Dubai is not good but I don’t see myself [going]."
Damn, the bait failed so badly that even Gician had to reverse bait. Sad times :lol:

One day Messi and Ronaldo wont play anymore, then you guys will understand that baiting has no sense :cry:

soul24rage

I'm intrigued to see how Portugal does. I think after France, you guys are 2nd best team in European football.
France and England the top 2 for me. Portugal 3rd with Netherlands 4th.

Problem with Portugal are 2 things imo
- Lack of good CMs
- Great attacking players who don't compliment one another.

Think a formation like 3-4-1-2 would suit Portugal the best as a whole imo, but someone like Leao would not suit in this formation

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I'm intrigued to see how Portugal does. I think after France, you guys are 2nd best team in European football.
France and England the top 2 for me. Portugal 3rd with Netherlands 4th.

Problem with Portugal are 2 things imo
- Lack of good CMs
- Great attacking players who don't compliment one another.

Think a formation like 3-4-1-2 would suit Portugal the best as a whole imo, but someone like Leao would not suit in this formation

Sorry guys slept early yesterday, was tired after a tough day

I rank Portugal on the second place after France and on the same level like England even tough im sure we would beat these english men in a direct match. This Portugal looked different to Santos Portugal in qualify matches. Like Santos as a person but he was the wrong guy for the amazing squad in 2021 and 2022. With Martinez Portugal plays more direct, create more chances and players runs are more 'rational' . Soul is unfortunately right that a good CM is missing, every nation has a worldclass CM and Portugal has only Vitinha, meow. All in all it depends if players like Bruno (and also Joao) can finally lead Portugal and doesnt turn to shit when we have to play against big teams. CR7 should play every second match, guy could become a super-sub but so far Martinez let Ronaldo play nearly every match that's why i assume he will start all matches in EURO. France, Portugal, England are favourites imo and tier 2 favourites are Italy, Netherlands and Spain :geek:

I read that France has the best path of all top teams to reach semi final, lucky baguette-men :unsure:

soul24rage

Sorry guys slept early yesterday, was tired after a tough day

I rank Portugal on the second place after France and on the same level like England even tough im sure we would beat these english men in a direct match. This Portugal looked different to Santos Portugal in qualify matches. Like Santos as a person but he was the wrong guy for the amazing squad in 2021 and 2022. With Martinez Portugal plays more direct, create more chances and players runs are more 'rational' . Soul is unfortunately right that a good CM is missing, every nation has a worldclass CM and Portugal has only Vitinha, meow. All in all it depends if players like Bruno (and also Joao) can finally lead Portugal and doesnt turn to shit when we have to play against big teams. CR7 should play every second match, guy could become a super-sub but so far Martinez let Ronaldo play nearly every match that's why i assume he will start all matches in EURO. France, Portugal, England are favourites imo and tier 2 favourites are Italy, Netherlands and Spain :geek:

I read that France has the best path of all top teams to reach semi final, lucky baguette-men :unsure:
Still think CR7 should still play but in the big games, he can't play as the sole 9 imo. A 4-2-2-2 wouldn't be a bad idea either as you can play something like

Costa---Dalot, Inacio, Dias, Mendes---Vitinha, Palinha---Silva, Fernandes/Felix---Ramos, CR7

Fullbacks are responsible for the width and you don't get outnumbered in midfield with Silva and Fernandes/Felix cutting in. Dalot has improved a lot and he can also play as an inverted fullback as well. But this formation would leave out Leao again.

I'm still skeptical of Roberto Martinez and it'll be interesting to see how Portugal does in this Euros.

Temptation

This is why I appreciate Cristiano. Such an inspirational journey. Nothing was served on a plate. To rise like a phoenix from the ashes is the most powerful and impressive thing in the world. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans