Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackened

He was definitely looked at as a big talent back in the day, not without reason Ferguson picked him up after watching him for just one game.

But he wasn't a teenage wonderboy like R9 or Messi either, dont know where to put him, really.

A more pacier Mario Gomez category?

Blackened

:lol::lol: Trolling CR7 is fun/funny. Legitimately believing he's an upgraded Mario Gomez is one of the more idiotic opinions there can be. Lad is easy top 5 all time. Messi just happens to be even better.

Obviously I was joking but... Easily top-5? Messi, Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, George Best, Garrincha, Ronaldo Nazario, Beckenbauer, Matthaus, Zidane,etc etc... Sorry, pal! Scoring hat-tricks against Estonia doesnt automatically make you amongst the best.

KingLeo10

Obviously I was joking but... Easily top-5? Messi, Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, George Best, Garrincha, Ronaldo Nazario, Beckenbauer, Matthaus, Zidane,etc etc... Sorry, pal! Scoring hat-tricks against Estonia doesnt automatically make you amongst the best.

:lol: His career is better than all of them except Messi, Maradona, Pele.

Cruyff, DiStefano, Beckenbauer are tossups. So you can rank him anywhere from 4-7.

Just to break it down:

League record - Good (Messi's is insane)
NT - Average (Messi's is good)
CL - Insane (Messi's is great)

No one's calling him the GOAT, but considering CL is the premier competition these days, his record there is enough for top 5 for me.

Morten

Zidane was fantastic, but no, he isn't up there with Cristiano.
People remember his iconic big game performances, but he was quite average in most matches.

Some of the other on the list are so far back its difficult to compare, while Ronaldo Nazario doesn't really have a claim due to injuries.

raskolnikov

I remember reading people saying they saw or knew CR7 back at academy level. That wasn't really special or stuck out at the beginning of his career. Many people believe Ronaldo taught his skills through repetition and practice rather than it coming naturally to him.

I guess it's how you look at talent and those who pick up things easily versus those who have to work at it to get it.
Yeah he wasnt as special as Messi, Rooney or Cesc when it comes to teenage prospects.
Quaresma the talented guy from that club.
But you dont end up at United early if you lack talent.
His hard work made him overachieve greatly though.
I think a guy like Kuyt who allso worked very hard overachieved compared to players who were more talented but lacked that mindset to lets say Elia.
Or Van Nistelrooy and Kluivert, or Izahhi and Balotelli.

I think Ronaldo's biggest contribution to the sport is llenty of talented guys will be working hard as well and have more longetivity.

I honestly believe the Cr7 helped Messi fix his diet, recovery and workout regimen.
Back in the day it was pure talent, pepsi and red meat.
He became a lot more professional trough the years.

jamrock

Anyone who has zidane (let's just use players most/sum actually saw play) so ignoring the cruyff"s and best for a while.
Anyone who puts zidane on a list ahead of C.Ronaldo is just revealing how little they understand football and how much dogma plays a part in how they look at the game and rate players.

Hellllllll no zidane wasn't better than Ronaldo, Ronaldo who will still give you 30 in any top league in the world, that c.ronakdo.

The only person better than Ronaldo is the pass few decades is messi that's it, you can make a case for xavi as well, just bases on how important & consistent he was to great teams owning football for a very long time.

Better than zidane, had a better career than fat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

:lol: His career is better than all of them except Messi, Maradona, Pele.

Cruyff, DiStefano, Beckenbauer are tossups. So you can rank him anywhere from 4-7.

Just to break it down:

League record - Good (Messi's is insane)
NT - Average (Messi's is good)
CL - Insane (Messi's is great)

No one's calling him the GOAT, but considering CL is the premier competition these days, his record there is enough for top 5 for me.

I see a CR cartwheeler :pique:

Just joking, great answer!

Bobo32

Ronaldo was extremely dominant immediately when breaking through, it must've been in the summer of 2002 when, aged 17, he played some preseason games for Sporting and also in some youth level NT above his age group and was just double as quick as anyone else. He did exactly what he wanted in that youth tournament. Then the next year he played United and was immediately bought.

He was never a genius player with a natural feel for the play, but physically he was an EXTREME talent, and he obviously had good technique and skills, better than pretty much anyone I've seen at that age.

raskolnikov

Anyone who has zidane (let's just use players most/sum actually saw play) so ignoring the cruyff"s and best for a while.
Anyone who puts zidane on a list ahead of C.Ronaldo is just revealing how little they understand football and how much dogma plays a part in how they look at the game and rate players.

Hellllllll no zidane wasn't better than Ronaldo, Ronaldo who will still give you 30 in any top league in the world, that c.ronakdo.

The only person better than Ronaldo is the pass few decades is messi that's it, you can make a case for xavi as well, just bases on how important & consistent he was to great teams owning football for a very long time.

Better than zidane, had a better career than fat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.
All 3 had way more talent than Cr7. Thats where the argument comes from I think.
For the sake of argument, would you rank Lampard as a better footballer than Kaka?

Zidane like Iniesta was a big game player and so had that quality where his team played way better when he was on the pitch. Maradona had that as well.

In the end its leads to numbers and consistency vs talent/skills.
I think a guy like Bergkamp had more talent in his toe than Inzaghi in his whole body and would consider him the better footballer.
Someone else might think Pipo accomplished more and deserves to be ranked higher in the grand scheme of things.
To each his own I guess.

Bobo32

What is bobo even adding to the convo with what he just said tho lol

raskolnikov said he wasn't as special as Messi, Rooney, Fabregas when young.
Ronaldo stood out a lot more than Fabregas, and I think more than Rooney too, maybe even more than Messi. He was certainly at least on par with Quaresma when aged 17.
He wasn't a kind of mediocre player that was talented "because United wanted him" but probably the most hyped player in the world at the time, extremely dominant in youth level and also when he got to play against adults.

jamrock

All 3 had way more talent than Cr7. Thats where the argument comes from I think.
For the sake of argument, would you rank Lampard as a better footballer than Kaka?

Zidane like Iniesta was a big game player and so had that quality where his team played way better when he was on the pitch. Maradona had that as well.

In the end its leads to numbers and consistency vs talent/skills.
I think a guy like Bergkamp had more talent in his toe than Inzaghi in his whole body and would consider him the better footballer.
Someone else might think Pipo accomplished more and deserves to be ranked higher in the grand scheme of things.
To each his own I guess.

Yea the big game impact of zidane gives him an over sized impact of these kinda conversations, but if you compare him with someone like a iniesta who also always showed up when it mattered, then it's the game to game consistency that makes the difference for me.

Yea all 3 are way more naturally talented than CR, but none cam use than to trump just how consistent C.ronaldo has been over his career, banging in 30+ goals per season for 15 years is no joke.

The kaka/Lampard one that's tough, I think kaka while good in his day, is also hella overrated, so I'd probably take Lampard.

I remember I use to make fun of him back in the Day,saying he basically runs fast in a straight line and scores a decent amount of goals, once that running slow down all the other deficiencies in his game showed up, Lampard didnt need pace & strength like a kaka are Gerrard, he just genuinely understood the game & how to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans