Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

United and City are both good options for Ronaldo. Better than Juve, but it's bold for him to go to EPL at this stage. But he doesn't have a choice. It's PSG, Bayern, and EPL who will fight for the CL.

Bayern and PSG are out, so what he's left with is going back to Premier League. As an avid Premier League watcher, it will be interesting to see how he does there at 35.

Pretty clear Ronaldo would have gone to PSG at this point if Messi hadn't. lol

100%. PSG is a dream move for anyone looking to win CL, get paid a lot of money, and don't break a sweat the rest of the time.

akaranzo

It will be Rashford-Ronaldo-Sancho in big games most likely. Maybe even a 4231 with Pogba, Bruno, and Sancho/Rashford behind Ronaldo

I don't see them completely dropping Cavani, he's been great for them. But playing him and Ronaldo at the same time doesn't make sense, two players who don't have the legs to play fast counter-attacking football or press hard. You can have one player sitting in the opposition box but not two. That's why this transfer doesn't make much sense besides nostalgia imo.

Devils

Can't believe that all these big name transfers happening and we lost Messi and signed that bum Aguero.

Sickening!!!

KingLeo10

United and City are both good options for Ronaldo. Better than Juve, but it's bold for him to go to EPL at this stage. But he doesn't have a choice. It's PSG, Bayern, and EPL who will fight for the CL.

Bayern and PSG are out, so what he's left with is going back to Premier League. As an avid Premier League watcher, it will be interesting to see how he does there at 35.

100%. PSG is a dream move for anyone looking to win CL, get paid a lot of money, and don't break a sweat the rest of the time.

He's going to be 37 this Feb. Him and Messi are ancient in terms of elite football, especially considering the mileage on their legs.

serghei

He's going to be 37 this Feb. Him and Messi are ancient in terms of elite football, especially considering the mileage on their legs.

But Messi chose the smart option. Ronaldo is going to EPL at 37? He could look washed up and old like never before. He could be delusional at this stage or too obsessed by what Messi does.

akaranzo

Can't believe that all these big name transfers happening and we lost Messi and signed that bum Aguero.

Sickening!!!

I disagree completely. I think our transfer window is better than United's for example. They ignored their midfield problems and instead overpaid for Sancho cause he's English, now signing Ronaldo purely because of nostalgia. Varane was the only decent signing. We signed Depay on a free, Aguero on a free to be a better backup than Braithwaite, Garcia on a free (who I know people like to hate rn but I think he'll be great long-term for us), Demir who's gonna be great for the future. Our transfer window has actually been really good considering our financial situation.

KingLeo10

But Messi chose the smart option. Ronaldo is going to EPL at 37? He could look washed up and old like never before. He could be delusional at this stage or too obsessed by what Messi does.

I think Messi's objective is only CL (his Supercopas that he won v RM are worth more the Uber Eats Ligue lmao). CR7 could be happy with just a PL at United (although I'm sure he wants another CL). I don't think he wins any major trophies at United though. The competition is stiff.

serghei

I think Ronaldo saw United's CL group last night and instantly thought, "that's 10 goals for me in the bag". That's the moment he decided for United.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His first priority was to go to PSG, but they seem more interested in keeping Mbappe or signing Haaland if he leaves than bringing in CR7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans