Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Maria

My impression is that Ronnie is so pissed and mad the way his father figure Mou was ran out of town that he is wanting to run his contract out and leave for free in 2015.

You are making 2 assumptions here:
1. That's CR cares about anyone else(he doesn't).
2. That Mou and CR had a good relationship..and if you listen Mou's last interviews(when he talked about some who 'were sad', but now they're happy or when he was asked about the players that he didn't used in his last game and he found a medical reason for most of them until he was at Casillas, Pepe and Cristiano and then he said that they diagnosed themselves and that they said that they have back pains :D) you will understand that they weren't that close.
And Mou also said that Cristiano thinks that he knows everything..

So the problem, as oz said, is the salary and the new taxes.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
You are making 2 assumptions here:
1. That's CR cares about anyone else(he doesn't).
2. That Mou and CR had a good relationship..and if you listen Mou's last interviews(when he talked about some who 'were sad', but now they're happy or when he was asked about the players that he didn't used in his last game and he found a medical reason for most of them until he was at Casillas, Pepe and Cristiano and then he said that they diagnosed themselves and that they said that they have back pains :D) you will understand that they weren't that close.
And Mou also said that Cristiano thinks that he knows everything..

So the problem, as oz said, is the salary and the new taxes.

+1

lovebarca

Someone is offering him 50 Million signing on fee... and it's not Man U they don't have that money
You know Beast ManU new kit deal worth 70 millions euro....
ManU have money question is whether they want ronaldo?
Nike will also helps if they wants to buy him

Cristiano is on 12M a year. So if he's being offered 15M a year that is 25% increase. However with the taxes that means he's going from 15M gross to 30M gross which is a 100% increase. If he wants 20M net then that is 40M a year gross which is a 266% increase.

It's a problem for Real. They have to decide what to offer him or consider selling him. He has only 2 years on his contract. If he doesn't renew his value will plummet next season as a year later he will be free. Either way, the reduction in transfer value will be payed by the buying club to Cristiano.

If Monaco do go for him, since they are tax free they would save 100M over a 5 year contract compared to anyone else, so definitely the club that can most afford him.

However, with Falcao at Monaco, Neymar at Barca, Higuain also leaving Madrid, I don't see how they can afford to let him go. I guess they could get Cavani but City and Chelsea also might bid for him.

They're probably getting Bale. He's overrated (definitely NOT the third best player in the world) and not as good as Ronaldo, but he'd probably be the best like for like replacement.

SEvolution

Jose Mourinho in 2007 :"Ronaldo doesn't show maturity and respect. Maybe a difficult childhood, no education, maybe [it is] the consequence of that."

Mourinho in 2011: "Ronaldo in the best professional I've ever come across. He's a role model for young kids."

Mourinho in June 2013: "Ronaldo thinks that he knows it all, better than me, better than all coaches and that the coach could not help him become any better."

Yannick03

Jose Mourinho in 2007 :"Ronaldo doesn't show maturity and respect. Maybe a difficult childhood, no education, maybe [it is] the consequence of that."

Mourinho in 2011: "Ronaldo in the best professional I've ever come across. He's a role model for young kids."

Mourinho in June 2013: "Ronaldo thinks that he knows it all, better than me, better than all coaches and that the coach could not help him become any better."

I'm just waiting until the moment he says he always knew Messi was better. :p

Galning

Said in an interview after the game against Russia that he's sure Madrid & him will come to an agreement for his new contract.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I don't see him leaving to be honest, would just cost too much to get him. Around 22M+ net in salaries and a transfer fee of around 100M at least. Great player, but with that money you can buy a world class defender, midfielder and striker. It's just too much.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
BMVpT3aCEAMZ1LY.jpg

Kerrybai

He would be crazy to leave. He is about 120 goals short of Raul's all time Madrid record, if he stays for another 3-4 seasons he can become the greatest goalscorer in their history.

Unless United try to be him I think he will stay... but without Fergie at United I don't think they would interest as much as before.

Home of Barca Fans