Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

D

DMZ05

I don't know what more Real Madrid can do for him? his image was already damaged goods in England.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
his image was already damaged goods in England.

tumblr_m3b23wRPe81qeer6d.gif

Jelboo

As much as I understand the rivalry between us and Madrid, I think it's very petty to ridicule Ronaldo over and over - just reacting to an overall atmosphere in this thread. Like him or not, but as a footballer he is absolutely and inescapably one of the very best. You can't deny that. Sure he's not as likeable but it's just foolish to mock a player we would all *worship* if he played on our team.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We mock him because he's so good. Nobody talks about Di Maria, despite the fact that Ronaldo>Di Maria in pretty much everything. It's true; he's a phenomenal footballer, undoubtedly top three in the world, but he has a lot of personality flaws that are easy to target. He's in the spotlight, so we talk about him.

And, btw, I don't think I would worship him. Certainly, I'd defend his abilities as a player, but he's still dislikable. Not a particular fan of Sanchez for example, and won't be even when he starts playing well. I'm not a big fan of classless players in general (hence my Spanish obsession :wub:).

D

DMZ05

That's how he will be remembered. He should of never come to Spain it's a comparison he can never win.

Emma

In the first 25 minutes alone he created three good chances, one the German Messi miskicked, another the German Messi couldn't head towards the goal, and the third the German Messi got in Benz's way. What more do you want Cristiano to do, ffs.

sorry? The German Messi? Who should that be please? :rolleyes::eusa_think:

Home of Barca Fans