Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Ritchie

His scoring record is outstanding but the amount of penalties he gets is ridiculous. Without that he's a fair bit less than a goal in a game in Madrid (as he is in Portugal and was in Manchester). The whole team is there to facilitate his personal records.

NotInHere

No way, maybe the top 10 goalscorers of all time, you could argue him for top 5 even but top 10 best players ever?

I think you can only realistically judge players correctly based on what you have seen live and therefore to me He is not in the top 5 of the last 20 years
He is top 2 in goalscoring for sure though, and also easily the best athlete in that same period.
man im telling you people take it way too far when it comes to rating Cristiano, trust me it will get worse if he keeps scoring at this rate, one thing that I'm wondering though has there really been better goal scorers than Cristiano? dude is just a machine when it comes to scoring goals

damn

Real madrid all time scoring chart, disscounting penalties:

Raul - 312 goals, 741 apps (0.42 GPG)
Di Stefano - 302 goals, 396 apps (0.76 GPG)
Santillana - 289 goals, 645 apps (0.45 GPG)
Ronaldo - 261 goals, 304 apps (0.86 GPG)
Puskas - 218 goals, 262 apps (0.83 GPG)
Hugo Sanchez - 195 goals, 282 apps (0.69 GPG)

NotInHere

he will most likely end up being the top scorer and the best goal scorer madrid has ever had, idk if he will ever surprass rauls or di stefano legacy as a rm player though.

damn

Messi, since Ronaldo arrived, disscounting penalties, with 296 goals, in 327 games (0.90 GPG).

he will most likely end up being the top scorer and the best goal scorer madrid has ever had, idk if he will ever surprass rauls or di stefano legacy as a rm player though.

Ronaldo doesn't deserve to be Top 5, until he'll bring couple more trophies.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

What are the odds?
8/1 for Ronaldo. Messi is 1/10 . Its free money on Messi but hardly worth betting at those odds.

Regarding the above posts, I don't think Ronaldo will ever have the love from the Madrid fans that the likes of Raul had, unless he hauls in another 3-4 major trophies.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
8/1 for Ronaldo. Messi is 1/10 . Its free money on Messi but hardly worth betting at those odds.

Regarding the above posts, I don't think Ronaldo will ever have the love from the Madrid fans that the likes of Raul had, unless he hauls in another 3-4 major trophies.

I think this season will decide that. If we don't win UCL/La Liga this year It's probably be just like you said.

DennyCrane

How would Barca fans feel if Ronaldo was by magic transferred to the club tomorrow? Serious question. Would he be a success?

Inconsistent passing, mediocre dribbling skills, questionable attitude and the opposite of a team player. Good at scoring, winning set-pieces and stat-paddling though. My enthusiasm would be bridled.

Could be good for a few cameos, other than that a decent bench player.

:VdB:

Morten

How would Barca fans feel if Ronaldo was by magic transferred to the club tomorrow? Serious question. Would he be a success?

Too much animosity i guess. But once the goals start flying in idk how they would feel. Imagine Messi with those through balls to Ronaldo...
I also wonder how Ronaldo would behave, given that he is not THE player in the team anymore. Would he be more modest infront of Messi?

Stric

It would never work. He would either entirely disrupt the team's game or would flop hard at trying to adapt.

Morten

It would never work. He would either entirely disrupt the team's game or would flop hard at trying to adapt.

It could work amazingly well. Messi is pretty much the best in the world in setting up chances, Ronaldo is pretty much the best at getting in good position. Potential assist galore for Messi and Ronaldo with an insane amount of goals. Ofc, football isnt played on paper, but the potential is extreme.

Home of Barca Fans