Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

NotInHere

Penaldo hasn't scored in 5 of his 7 games this season for club and country but he scored 5 against Espanyol who basically just rolled over and let them do what they want and a couple of Penaldos against Shakhtar.

The other games - no Penaldo no party. But because he scored 5 and those penaldos in the last two games he's the best in the world again when Messi has contributed more even this season.

5 out of 7 games this season he's done nothing.
na dude he can score as many goals as he wants in the end players are usually measured by their success with their teams.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't know if you guys have noticed but these past two games Cristiano has been less selfish and has been more willying to distribute to his teammates, I know he's not really a great passer but today he laid a nice ball to modric which he missed, idk he has looked more like a teamplayer these past two games(obviously he is still obsessed with goals) but I wonder if this will continue

Sometimes I get that vibe too, but then there were moments where he was extremely selfish in an attempt to poach that 400th goal. One instance was where he had a chance to easily pass to Isco to his right for a sure-goal but he didn't.

But honestly, it seems to me more and more that James has become Real Madrid's most important player.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't know if you guys have noticed but these past two games Cristiano has been less selfish and has been more willying to distribute to his teammates, I know he's not really a great passer but today he laid a nice ball to modric which he missed, idk he has looked more like a teamplayer these past two games(obviously he is still obsessed with goals) but I wonder if this will continue

He started the same way last season. Then he got less comfortable when Messi started breathing down his neck. He came off an 8 goal streak in 2 games, so he is feelin quite relaxed.

raskolnikov

He started the same way last season. Then he got less comfortable when Messi started breathing down his neck. He came off an 8 goal streak in 2 games, so he is feelin quite relaxed.

I always thought it was to rack up assist stats since Messi had so many early on last season and was getting praise for his passing while its usually underrated due to his other skills.
Stats make Ronaldo appear greater than he is, currently way more than a few years ago when he was a better player overall.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I always thought it was to rack up assist stats since Messi had so many early on last season and was getting praise for his passing while its usually underrated due to his other skills.
Stats make Ronaldo appear greater than he is, currently way more than a few years ago when he was a better player overall.

You're right about the assists. Once he gets a shitton of goals (just like he did last year) he tries to also beat Messi in assists so people can't be like "Sure,he has more goals but Messi assits more".

raskolnikov

You're right about the assists. Once he gets a shitton of goals (just like he did last year) he tries to also beat Messi in assists so people can't be like "Sure,he has more goals but Messi assits more".

His obsession is amazing, I wish we could see how intense it really is. You can imagine him having all sorts of charts of stats and long term goals broken down to months, weeks and individual games. And every training session/meal or action is directed towards those goals.
A reality show on Ronaldo would be golden. While I dislike him I do feel its very admirable. If we all would live so much for the goals we have in life with a similair dedication we would amount to much more.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
His obsession is amazing, I wish we could see how intense it really is. You can imagine him having all sorts of charts of stats and long term goals broken down to months, weeks and individual games. And every training session/meal or action is directed towards those goals.
A reality show on Ronaldo would be golden. While I dislike him I do feel its very admirable. If we all would live so much for the goals we have in life with a similair dedication we would amount to much more.

Indeed,it's just unbelievable. I know Messi obviously trains hard but imagine if he had Ronaldo's passion,drive and obsession.

Horatio

You're welcome
Indeed,it's just unbelievable. I know Messi obviously trains hard but imagine if he had Ronaldo's passion,drive and obsession.

I think the effects of having passion, drive and obsession are different from person to person. I think if you are too emotional about everything it might come bite you back sometimes, like put too much pressure and expectation on yourself messing up simple opportunities. Messi is more stoic in that sense which allows hims to perform those long technical pieces like dribble pass multiple enemies on a regular basis. Neymar is a bit the same in that he tries too enjoy the game of football as much as he can..

Morten

I think the effects of having passion, drive and obsession are different from person to person. I think if you are too emotional about everything it might come bite you back sometimes, like put too much pressure and expectation on yourself messing up simple opportunities. Messi is more stoic in that sense which allows hims to perform those long technical pieces like dribble pass multiple enemies on a regular basis. Neymar is a bit the same in that he tries too enjoy the game of football as much as he can..

Ronaldos obsession and training no doubts helps him greatly, but its also easy to see that sometimes, if he doesnt get his goal, his general play drops a bit. If he got a goal or two, he is enjoying himself more on the pitch, and in turn, in general playing better and enjoying his time on the pitch.

raskolnikov

Ronaldos obsession and training no doubts helps him greatly, but its also easy to see that sometimes, if he doesnt get his goal, his general play drops a bit. If he got a goal or two, he is enjoying himself more on the pitch, and in turn, in general playing better and enjoying his time on the pitch.

I wonder though, if Real benefits from this as much as they would if he was more selfless.
His frustration to get on the scorecards and being the magnet of every last ball in attack hurts Real in big games imo.

damn

Ronaldo took 90 penalties throughout his career. Scored 81 and missed 9.

Messi took 74 penalties throughout his career. Scored 58 and missed 16.

Ronaldo at Messi age right now (28 and 3 months), had 61 penalties. scored 54 and missed 7.

Messi probably will go down as the player who took and scored the most penalties ever. Kinda ironic, isn't it?

And here we go. 90-76 in career penalties. 81-59 in scoring.

Nope since Cristiano will take more penalties than Messi each season until he's retired and there will be no way for Leo tp catch up.

The only thing that proves is the insane amount of penalties Cristiano and Real Madrid have got.

Funny isn't it?

Say what?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Literally all your posts are about Cristiano and his penalties.

You know what, fuck it.

Messi is the better player so enjoy Cristiano and his lack of trophies at Madrid.

damn

Literally all your posts are about Cristiano and his penalties.

You know what, fuck it.

Messi is the better player so enjoy Cristiano and his lack of trophies at Madrid.

So, you're wrong and - you change the point of view.

Messi is 10X better than Cristiano, but it's still doesn't justify the irrational hate towards Cristiano based on penalties and tap-ins.

raskolnikov

Messi is 10X better than Cristiano, but it's still doesn't justify the irrational hate towards Cristiano based on penalties and tap-ins.

Its because people put him on the same level because of his stats ) which is 80% penaldo´s and tap ins). Its an insult to Messi as a footballer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I don't hate Cristiano particularly tbh. I dislike his cuntish behaviour, and how his fans behave when he scores those penalties and tap-ins and comparison to Messi.

The most hilarious thing though is how some Madridistas see Cristiano leading the Goalscoring charts as a victory. They should be looking to win trophies, to lead the league, but then I see people getting an orgasm over Cristiano scoring a penalty even though they're behind in the league or end trophyless.

I couldn't care less if Messi won the Pichichi if we ended up trophyless with Real Madrid winning the league but for many of them these days it seem like they actually don't see any difference between their hero winning the Pichichi and their team winning trophies.

Home of Barca Fans