Cristiano Ronaldo

Maradona37

Incredible goal

At what point is it just universally accepted that Ronaldo has the greatest weak foot of all time?
I know that I make snarky comments to you, but this time I would like to engage in serious discussion.

It's true that he's got a great left foot in one situation - driving the ball at goal. However, if he truly had the best weak foot, he's take free-kicks and penalties with it when the angle suits, or dribble consistently on his left.

The fact he does none of this, and does not play long passes with his left either (or even his right in this case), proves he's not got the strongest left foot, as it's only when shooting at goal it's generally great.

Truly two-footed players are guys like Wesley Sneijder and Lubo Moravcik, where you cannot tell which foot they are dominant with. They're ambidextrous.

No doubt you'll reply attacking me, but I feel these are good points.

Maradona37

No doubt about that 🥸🔥
As I said in my post above mate - his weak foot is only great in one situation - shooting at goal. Long or short passing, free kicks, dribbling, penalties, no. He doesn't use his left for any of these. Surely if he had the best weak foot ever we'd see him take free-kicks suiting a left footer? Or he'd take some pens with the left? Or he'd dribble with the left with lots of short, consecutive touches? But does he do any of this?

True two-footed players are ambidextrous players who can use both feet equally well. Ronaldo has a great strike generally with his left foot but that's all he really uses it for. People are claiming his weak foot is the 'best ever' based on one situation in a game - shooting inside the box or from the edge.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

As I said in my post above mate - his weak foot is only great in one situation - shooting at goal. Long or short passing, free kicks, dribbling, penalties, no. He doesn't use his left for any of these. Surely if he had the best weak foot ever we'd see him take free-kicks suiting a left footer? Or he'd take some pens with the left? Or he'd dribble with the left with lots of short, consecutive touches? But does he do any of this?

True two-footed players are ambidextrous players who can use both feet equally well. Ronaldo has a great strike generally with his left foot but that's all he really uses it for. People are claiming his weak foot is the 'best ever' based on one situation in a game - shooting inside the box or from the edge.

I always dreamt seeing him scoring a pen with his left foot, but media would destroy him if he fails and it makes no sense as he doesnt have an advantage if he shoots with left foot

Prime Ronaldo would shoot dangerous fks even with his left foot but ofc difficult to have the same technique like with his strong foot

His shot power with left is unbelievable though, 25m-30m goals with your weak foot is insane 😳

Who would you take as best weak foot player in history??

Maradona37

I always dreamt seeing him scoring a pen with his left foot, but media would destroy him if he fails and it makes no sense as he doesnt have an advantage if he shoots with left foot

Prime Ronaldo would shoot dangerous fks even with his left foot but ofc difficult to have the same technique like with his strong foot

His shot power with left is unbelievable though, 25m-30m goals with your weak foot is insane 😳

Who would you take as best weak foot player in history??
I have watched Ronaldo his entire career and never ever ever saw him take a free-kick with his left foot. I think you just made that up lol. Unless you mean he COULD do it, which obviously isn't true as he'd have done it given he hogs all the FKs. He let left-footed Bale take a lot on the right side of the box, as it didn't suit Ronaldo's right foot there.

True, never denied he has a strong left foot IN SHOOTING SITUATIONS. But clearly his body of work shows he doesn't have it in other game situations. Surely if he was so two-footed he would have 50 yard passes with it? Or he would dribble with it a lot? Surely he wouldn't contort his body to use the outside of his right or his right whenever he can?

Like I say, it depends if you wanna go with two-footed, ambidextrous players, or players who are clearly dominant with one foot but their weak foot is still strong. Ronaldo falls into the latter category (when shooting). You can see he isn't anywhere near as good with his left as with his right, even if his left is still good in shooting situations.

If you are talking about genuine two-footed players, you're talking about guys equally comfortable with both feet and you can't tell if they're right or left footed. Lubo Moravcik was one. They say Maldini is right-footed but trained himself to be as good with his left. THAT'S strong weak foot or two-footendness.

I am just saying this 'best weak foot ever' is yet another myth spouted about this guy that doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you analyse it, as I have. Every time someone says it it's based on one specific situation - a shot from 20 yards or closer. He's got no body of work with FKs, pens, long passes, consistent dribbling with his left foot.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I have watched Ronaldo his entire career and never ever ever saw him take a free-kick with his left foot. I think you just made that up lol. Unless you mean he COULD do it, which obviously isn't true as he'd have done it given he hogs all the FKs. He let left-footed Bale take a lot on the right side of the box, as it didn't suit Ronaldo's right foot there.

True, never denied he has a strong left foot IN SHOOTING SITUATIONS. But clearly his body of work shows he doesn't have it in other game situations. Surely if he was so two-footed he would have 50 yard passes with it? Or he would dribble with it a lot? Surely he wouldn't contort his body to use the outside of his right or his right whenever he can?

Like I say, it depends if you wanna go with two-footed, ambidextrous players, or players who are clearly dominant with one foot but their weak foot is still strong. Ronaldo falls into the latter category (when shooting). You can see he isn't anywhere near as good with his left as with his right, even if his right is still good in shooting situations.

If you are talking about genuine two-footed players, you're talking about guys equally comfortable with both feet and you can't tell if they're right or left footed. Lubo Moravcik was one. They say Maldini is right-footed but trained himself to be as good with his left. THAT'S strong weak foot or two-footendness.

I am just saying this 'best weak foot ever' is yet another myth spouted about this guy that doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you analyse it, as I have.

Yes he never tried it unfortunately but he would shoot great fks (Primenaldo) but why should he shoot if you have a Mini-Cristiano on the left side (Bale) 🙂‍↕️

We can agree he is top3 if youre happy then ⚽️✅️🥹

Maradona37

Yes he never tried it unfortunately but he would shoot great fks (Primenaldo) but why should he shoot if you have a Mini-Cristiano on the left side (Bale) 🙂‍↕️

We can agree he is top3 if youre happy then ⚽️✅️🥹
I just don't know how you can say he has 'the best weak foot ever' when he refused to even try left-footer free kicks, never took pens with it, never dribbles with it with consecutive touches, never played 50 yards passes with it (he doesn't do this with his right either) and - in general - he will use his right whenever he can, which is a sure sign of him vastly preferring his right.

You're still completely overlooking my point that his left foot only looks strong in ONE SITUATION - SHOOTING. Do you deny any of the above situations? I have watched him since 2003 and it's obvious to me that what I say is true.

There have been many ambidextrous players over the years. He's not one of them as he's clearly right dominant.

It isn't a bad thing that he's good at shooting with his weak foot - it's very good. It's when you and Rassvet overegg the pudding about it, as you both generally do

I know it feels like i am nitpicking at your posts (and you're a good friend on here and a lovely lad) but it's just when I see a flaw in an argument I have to mention it

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I just don't know how you can say he has 'the best weak foot ever' when he refused to even try left-footer free kicks, never took pens with it, never dribbles with it with consecutive touches, never played 50 yards passes with it (he doesn't do this with his right either) and - in general - he will use his right whenever he can, which is a sure sign of him vastly preferring his right.

You're still completely overlooking my point that his left foot only looks strong in ONE SITUATION - SHOOTING. Do you deny any of the above situations? I have watched him since 2003 and it's obvious to me that what I say is true.

There have been many ambidextrous players over the years. He's not one of them as he's clearly right dominant.

It isn't a bad thing that he's good at shooting with his weak foot - it's very good. It's when you and Rassvet overegg the pudding about it, as you both generally do

I know it feels like i am nitpicking at your posts (and you're a good friend on here and a lovely lad) but it's just when I see a flaw in an argument I have to mention it

We love overegging the pudding 🥹

Home of Barca Fans