20 - Dani Olmo

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In the end, wish it was FDJ since I don't see a long-term with him, esp with his wages but Raphinha makes sense - he's better on the right and he will never play much with Nico & Dani on the left

Will be a good FFP move as well

Porque

It's Joao Felix. I can feel it.

For reference, you can check the squad here ;)

Last edited:

vegitot

No way club will sell Pedri for Olmo now (even Olmo is better in Euro). If Pedri continues to struggle with injuries, maybe next season. But not now.

Frenkie is that player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's Joao Felix. I can feel it.

For reference, you can check the squad here ;)

Can’t be Joao, he’s not property of Barça much less assured of a loan extension as Cerezo expects him back

Luxury acquisition, Olmo. Love the player, love a cantera kid returning but questionable - I guess Simons was considered a long shot on loan or didn’t want to be caught without a backup

It’ll make Olmo the most expensive transfer for a cantera player to return but not a certain starter in the XI. I guess Deco et al must be certain that a DM like Merino is in the bag but I do wonder about some of our youth players in addition to Ansu & Fermin who would be impacted - Guille?

I hope the club did not get too emotionally carried away by La Roja’s Euro success, Nico I get at that fee since he is a bang on starter. But a rotation player? Feels a bit of a luxury buy which you do when you have the rest of pieces already

Last edited:

Loki

I think Olmo is plan b, in case it doesn't work out with Nico so the club doesn't stand there with empty hands. 3 things:

1. We most likely don't have so much room to register 2 60m signings without a big sell
2. We have 5 players on his position
3. He's also injury prone. You really want another player like that?

But he generated hype in the Euro and if Nico doesn't work out in the end for whatever reason, Laporta want to present something that gives hope for a better season.

jamrock

I think Olmo is plan b, in case it doesn't work out with Nico so the club doesn't stand there with empty hands. 3 things:

1. We most likely don't have so much room to register 2 60m signings without a big sell
2. We have 5 players on his position
3. He's also injury prone. You really want another player like that?

But he generated hype in the Euro and if Nico doesn't work out in the end for whatever reason, Laporta want to present something that gives hope for a better season.

I'll live with this, but Olmo & Nico, that's just a waste of 60m we have 3 players in the team that can play his position, 2 at a very high level.

60m on him would just be a waste, sign the players we need and a few young talents like Mastantuono or whoever for the future.

Home of Barca Fans