Daniel Alves

xsever

From the article:

"I was called a teatrero [Spanish slang for play-acting] but what amazed me the most is that people simply forgot the fact that Pepe came all studs up against me," Alves says. "I know and he knows how hard he hit me. The only reason I don't have a scar or something worse to show is because I wear carbon fibre shinpads to prevent injuries. If you listen to the audio in the Spanish TV, you can hear the impact of his studs. Maybe if I had broken my leg people would stop talking."

X

xaviniesta

carbon fibre shinpads?? what the hell is that? i want that too if it helps to prevent injurys and broken legs :D

gingerless

“He concedes his style of play necessitates tremendously hard work on the training field and matchday pitch, but that is nothing new in the life of the son of a Brazilian farmer who grew up in the arid and impoverished north-east of the country, helping the family fight the elements to maintain an allotment that produced melons and onions sold at a local market. This was the family’s main source of income until Alves was spotted by a scout for EC Bahia as a 15-year-old in 1998. Four years later he would move to Sevilla, where his versatility resulted in stints as a midfielder and a second striker in a superbly successful six-year spell.”

On his transfer and early days at the club

“Barça paid more money for me than they did to sign Ronaldinho and people were quick to point that out,” Alves says. “That only raised the pressure and the expectations around my performances. Also, as much as everybody knows what Barça is about, it is one thing to watch them, completely another to get used to playing that way. Even for a Brazilian.”

On the incident in El Clasico #3 at Bernabeu

“I was called a teatrero [Spanish slang for play-acting] but what amazed me the most is that people simply forgot the fact that Pepe came all studs up against me,” Alves says. “I know and he knows how hard he hit me. The only reason I don’t have a scar or something worse to show is because I wear carbon fibre shinpads to prevent injuries. If you listen to the audio in the Spanish TV, you can hear the impact of his studs. Maybe if I had broken my leg people would stop talking.”

On his contract

“I was really tempted,” he admits. “There were some offers and I really like the English style. But then look at what I’ve got here at Barcelona. I play with amazing guys, a great coach and our style is admired around the world. It’s priceless.”

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
mGassm

Home of Barca Fans