Daniel Alves

Irish_Cules

Back to loving Alves again huh? Gotta love barcaforum

People became frustrated with his sub standard performances which is perfectly understandable. It's not hypocritical or anything for those people to heap praise on him for playing at a high level once again. That's generally how it works with footballers....if they underperform then they get slated but if they play well they get lauded.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
€35 million for a defender, 8 years ago...And he became instrumental in changing the fortunes of the club...Time to make at least that sort of investment/commitment for a central defender that is hopefully near Dani's quality

Maria

€35 million for a defender, 8 years ago...And he became instrumental in changing the fortunes of the club...Time to make at least that sort of investment/commitment for a central defender that is hopefully near Dani's quality

That was Thiago Silva when he left Milan..but it's understandable that the persons who criticized Laporta for paying so much money for Dani at the time won't make the same effort in reinforcing the defence.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Definitely should've been Silva but we know that ship sailed...Just occurred to me only today that had we spent at least as much as we did on Dani for Silva, well...we'd be in a very different situation at present

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Benatia is called the "Moroccan Thiago Silva", so this club can still do right by buying him.

Alarcón

No one en Suisse thinks of him that way

I know but some media call him that and I find it understandable considering his stature, acceleration and playing style... My point was that because a player is called "the Moroccan Silva" doesn't mean he's as good as him :)

Butaan4barca

That was Thiago Silva when he left Milan..but it's understandable that the persons who criticized Laporta for paying so much money for Dani at the time won't make the same effort in reinforcing the defence.

It is not thiago silva who will do that. he is declining big time.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We slowly need to find a better backup for him than Montoya, somebody who could take over after next season (of Dani stays, which I very much hope). But Dani is a really special player, will be difficult to find anybody that comes even close.

CatalinR10

BjDLp74CcAEjNah.jpg

barca1899

Alves: "A clasico is the best game you can play, not counting finals. If you really like football, this is the game you want to play" [golt]

Alves: "I was happy when we had to face Madrid 4-5 times in a few weeks in 2011, because I could play several times my favourite game."

Home of Barca Fans