Daniel Alves

Siberia

Imo I know this sounds crazy but why not play pedro there. Imo worse than alves in defense is impossible and with his pressing, speed and attacking threat, he could be a decent rb. Our fullbacks are more playing like wingbacks so it is possible. Dunno though if he's willing to play there.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Since when do people announce them leavin the club , just when the season starts. He crossed the line on this one.

It's like when Valdes refused to renew. Alves should get the same treatment from the fans.

Either way, bench Dani. Start playing Montoya as the starter, and fast track Godswill/Campins/Patric.

F

Flavia

It's like when Valdes refused to renew. Alves should get the same treatment from the fans.

Either way, bench Dani. Start playing Montoya as the starter, and fast track Godswill/Campins/Patric.

Alves didn't refuse to renew, though. The club don't want to renew him. Next season he will be missed, mark my words. Unless the ban is lifted and they get cuadrado, montoya/douglas as rb's won't be pretty.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Alves didn't refuse to renew, though. The club don't want to renew him. Next season he will be missed, mark my words.

That is true.

All we can do is hope that the ban is overturned, and we buy a new rightback. Or that Montoya steps up big time.

khaled_a_d

Since when do people announce them leavin the club , just when the season starts. He crossed the line on this one.

That is Alves character and has always been,he is outspoken person and with this type of guys you get all the bad and good stuff .sometimes you would love his honesty but sometimes he forgets about the "politics" of being in a team like barca .but this is more expected from him if anything,he always said what is in his head

Imo I know this sounds crazy but why not play pedro there. Imo worse than alves in defense is impossible and with his pressing, speed and attacking threat, he could be a decent rb. Our fullbacks are more playing like wingbacks so it is possible. Dunno though if he's willing to play there.

It was mentioned in the media and he was asked about it,he said he would do whatever the coach ask him to do though he obviosly prefers playing in his own position
I don't think it is crazy and it might be worth a try ,he has the speed&workrate for the postion,offensively he will fit there like a glove ,but definsevely it will need a huge work from Lucho b/c defensive awarness&positioning makes a world of difference,also whether he is skilled dfinsively will be seen

CuleLife4Life

I'm surprised Globo interviewed him. Flavia how is the press treating the national team members in Brazil? I'm abroad but I assumed they'd all be banished except Neymar lol.

But yea Dani is a firecraker. He doesn't care about being politically correct. I do fear going into next season with only Montoya and Douglas though.

Kohe321

"Entourage of Alves denies that he told a Brazilian paper that he will leave Barcelona at the end of the season and move to England. [rac1]"

Weird stuff if he really did say this, even for someone like him who admittedly is pretty careless about stuff like this. To do that at the beginning of a season like this where we're rebuilding everything and we need stability off the pitch (no more media storms etc.) is very poor from him. Hope it's not true.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I'm surprised Globo interviewed him. Flavia how is the press treating the national team members in Brazil? I'm abroad but I assumed they'd all be banished except Neymar lol.

But yea Dani is a firecraker. He doesn't care about being politically correct. I do fear going into next season with only Montoya and Douglas though.
The press is the usual... I haven't seen anything bad about them.

"Entourage of Alves denies that he told a Brazilian paper that he will leave Barcelona at the end of the season and move to England. [rac1]"

Weird stuff if he really did say this, even for someone like him who admittedly is pretty careless about stuff like this. To do that at the beginning of a season like this where we're rebuilding everything and we need stability off the pitch (no more media storms etc.) is very poor from him. Hope it's not true.
He did. O Globo is a pretty big news outlet, the reporter went to Dani's house. His entourage is just trying to put out the fire.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People have short memories. A few months have passed and with one win here and there in Dunga's 'New Brasil', I guess the majority of people will forget everything.

CuleLife4Life

I read the article. It looks like one of those where the journalist was hanging out him Dani. He must have said something to that effect because there is no reason to make that up.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If that's true then Montoya should become our starter RB right now... If Alves is not going to be around, we should start giving responsibility to Montoya from this very moment...

And yet he played only one match this season :facepalm:, we still have Adriano though, IMO he is better than Montoya and Douglas at RB.

Home of Barca Fans