Daniel Alves

H

heyypaula

I'd be really upset if he leaves this summer because of money matters. Surely 6M is enough to keep him and his whole family alive?!

Ohio Catalan

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think this is a big deal. Both parties are well aware how much they need the other, and in the end this will be settled to a satisfactory end for both the club and the player. Dani doesn't want to leave because he's allowed to play a position that really doesn't exist anywhere else in football. His strength isn't in his ability to defend or to attack, but rather his ability to do both at the same time, all game. Therein lies Barca's problem. There really isn't another player in the world with Dani's energy or work rate. Some people might say this guy or that guy, but I don't think anyone fits Barca's need in the rb-rm-rw hybrid position. So, it seems to be that Dani can't be allowed to leave by the club while Dani can't really WANT to leave. He's probably just trying to use his current form as leverage for more money, and be honest, if you were being considered one of the most innovative, highly effective players in the world, were one of the most dynamic and necessary pieces to a juggernaut side like Barca are, wouldn't you try and see what you could get out of it? Its good business, and honestly, I think he deserves it. No one ever looks at our success and says, "Man, that Dani Alves is a monster." But he's always been a big part of our squad since coming from Sevilla, and now, I think he's every bit as important as Leo or Xavi. He provides freedom for a lot of the other guys on the team to play with, and I think Messi owes a least a bit of his success to Dani's play in Barca's system.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
I could be completely wrong, but I don't think this is a big deal. Both parties are well aware how much they need the other, and in the end this will be settled to a satisfactory end for both the club and the player. Dani doesn't want to leave because he's allowed to play a position that really doesn't exist anywhere else in football. His strength isn't in his ability to defend or to attack, but rather his ability to do both at the same time, all game. Therein lies Barca's problem. There really isn't another player in the world with Dani's energy or work rate. Some people might say this guy or that guy, but I don't think anyone fits Barca's need in the rb-rm-rw hybrid position. So, it seems to be that Dani can't be allowed to leave by the club while Dani can't really WANT to leave. He's probably just trying to use his current form as leverage for more money, and be honest, if you were being considered one of the most innovative, highly effective players in the world, were one of the most dynamic and necessary pieces to a juggernaut side like Barca are, wouldn't you try and see what you could get out of it? Its good business, and honestly, I think he deserves it. No one ever looks at our success and says, "Man, that Dani Alves is a monster." But he's always been a big part of our squad since coming from Sevilla, and now, I think he's every bit as important as Leo or Xavi. He provides freedom for a lot of the other guys on the team to play with, and I think Messi owes a least a bit of his success to Dani's play in Barca's system.

Once again, I'll have to co-sign on your post Ohio! lol! I agree with you 100% and hope we are able to keep Alves!

Ohio Catalan

I think with Bojan getting his extension too, it has to be seen as inevitable that Dani will get at least close to what he wants. I think he'd rather play where he loves for close to what he wants than to play somewhere new for that little bit more. But we'll see.

SeloBarca

He is one of our best buys the last years, if not the best. His playstyle is like made for barca. Barcelona wouldnt be the same without him

MinaFCB

terrible performance today,crosses ,just like Adriano's, awful...lack of money???!

Last edited:

Richard.H

Terrible game by Dani Alves, perhaps his worst performance this year. Terrible crosses and he held on to the ball for way too long.

Armando929

The whole team wasn't great as previously said.

They need to give this guy what he wants already. Or at least close to it. He's too much an essential piece in our team to let him go for money.

Home of Barca Fans