Daniel Alves

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Can you really deny his claim then? Not part of Laporta's gracious renewals while somehow everyone else got one. If he signs another five year deal, it will be his last of that kind. Plus if it is true that he wants to earn as much as Iniesta and Xavi ... I can't find a valid reason why not. He is vital, he gives his everything, he boosts the team with energy more than anyone, etc. etc.

I would say in general he is the best in his position. For this Barcelona? Can't be missed. And I think he has a case to ask for a better salary.

W

woobie

Ask for? Possibly. Threaten to leave unless he gets as much as Xavi? Not cool.

F

Flavia

Ask for? Possibly. Threaten to leave unless he gets as much as Xavi? Not cool.

But when did he make any threats? He's just being honest. They are negociating, as far as I know he didn't say anything harmful.

W

woobie

It's a matter of interpretation. "I don't give anything for free' (paraphrase) as mentioned on the previous page doesn't exactly indicate to me a friendly negotiation. And, tbh, I'm just not sure he's worth more in wages than Puyol, Pique, Valdes, etc etc. It's my understanding that's roughly where his wages are now. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

Trequartista

The good
It's a matter of interpretation. "I don't give anything for free' (paraphrase) as mentioned on the previous page doesn't exactly indicate to me a friendly negotiation. And, tbh, I'm just not sure he's worth more in wages than Puyol, Pique, Valdes, etc etc. It's my understanding that's roughly where his wages are now. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

Alves and may I add Abidal,Pique are as important to our system as Messi,Xavi,Iniesta but Forwards and sometimes midfielders(if they have the name of Xavi and Andres) earn lot more than defenders and Goalkeepers for sure,during our last year,Messi was the top earner followed by Henry and Ibrahimovic and then Xavi and Iniesta before the latter two signed thier new contracts,I beleive that now Messi is on the top followed by Xavi,Iniesta and maybe David Villa,Dani never said he wants to leave,he shall play out his contrat and then ask for whatever he wants and we have the right to deal with it,if he really wants to earn as much as Xavi and Iniesta then I am 100% against it for many reasons,I still think that he will continue his antics until we give him a "take it or leave if offer" and then I am sure that he will sign the deal

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Cause you never get what you want. You ask more than what you actually want to achieve. Xavi also asked more while talks were being held and he also dropped the "OW OW, I'm not excluding a transfer"..

Trequartista

The good
Can you really deny his claim then? Not part of Laporta's gracious renewals while somehow everyone else got one. If he signs another five year deal, it will be his last of that kind. Plus if it is true that he wants to earn as much as Iniesta and Xavi ... I can't find a valid reason why not. He is vital, he gives his everything, he boosts the team with energy more than anyone, etc. etc.

I would say in general he is the b
est in his position. For this Barcelona? Can't be missed. And I think he has a case to ask for a better salary.
Abidal,puyol,pique,pedro,busquets are all as vital to barca as xavi,iniesta and even messi.shall they ask to earn as much as them?if those rumors are true,then I hope he is gone for good this summer

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Abidal,puyol,pique,pedro,busquets are all as vital to barca as xavi,iniesta and even messi.shall they ask to earn as much as them?if those rumors are true,then I hope he is gone for good this summer
Pique, Pedro, Busquets = too young
Abidal can't cause he isn't the best in the world, doesn't play as much, ... He deserves his share obviously but he just isn't of that class for me.

It's not the Dani we know, I agree, but it goes like this when money is involved.
They should agree on 7, then.
Exactly.

Yeah, it's negotiating but it's still brazen.
Football players ... :D

Home of Barca Fans