David Luiz

P

PhilS

Why not play him further up the field? At midfield or forward. His main problem is frequent, horrendous defensive errors, so let his obvious talent shine somewhere else.

I don't think we will hear any more from Barca management about Luiz, they will quietly let that prospect drop.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
More like a box-to-box midfielder..he doesn't have the tactical awareness needed for a world class DM.

He doesn't have the energy or dynamism needed to be a box-to-box midfielder. I never said he could be a world class DM, just competent at that role. Well competent is a lot better than useless - which he is at CB.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I still think he is a great player, Chelsea are an absolute mess this season so it's a little harsh to single him out, he defo needs to work on his concentration though.

zealot

I think box to box midfielder is the best role for him. If he defends poorly as a CB, how can he do it better as a DM? The best is to minimize his defensive reponsibilities he carries IMO.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pretty much everyone has been shit or very average other than Mata, Ramires and Sturridge for us, so I can't really point the finger at anyone as an individual. Still think we need to oust the oldies after this season. Oh, and keep AVB even if we finish out of CL spots.

S

Silva Lining

Can't believe the plebs on here who were hyping up Luiz while he was at Benfica... hideously over rated.

mixer

David Luiz (Chelsea): "Barcelona are a great team, they play fantastic football. All players would like to play for them. But I love my club"

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

David Luiz (Chelsea): "Barcelona are a great team, they play fantastic football. All players would like to play for them. But I love my club"

We love our club, too. So he better stays away from us. We already have to deal with Pique. :pep:

Home of Barca Fans