David Villa

FiReFTW

This is starting to get really suspicious, Villa should be playing ALOT more this season based on his performances, he is far better than Sanchez and Pedro this season and yet... I don't get it..

M

Malappapper

It's because he cannot maintain the same tempo for 90mns me thinks.

CatalinR10

So, Tito decided that it's better for Alexis to play despite the fact that he just returned from a injury and for Villa to warm the bench. What the hell...

Mes que un club

If any of you care about potential reasons for him not playing and aren't just in it for the conspiracies: The fact that we are now playing with two attacking full-backs, plus the added verticality and directness of Cesc playing in midfield means that we also need more defensive work/tracking back from our forward players. Here, the energy of Pedro/Alexis is crucial. The universality of Lobanovskiy, Pep and Tito goes both ways. You could then say, that Iniesta doesn't give that much tracking back either; but he adds ball retention, meaning less defensive work is necessary. Add to that the fact that he seems a bit out of sync in the general play; seemingly needs to re-learn some barca-concepts. Sure, his pure attacking contribution when play is stationary in the final third is still superior to that of Alexis/Pedro (not that of Iniesta though), but in tactical measures he is certainly less efficient than those who have played in his place.

BarcaGirl

I just don't understand it anymore ...even Alexis who just returned from an injury plays ahead of him

Villa is too good to be benched all the time ...he should be playing ...what is happening for god's sake??

Stric

Villa had a terrible, terrible game a few days ago against an "easy" opponent. I figure that's the reason Tito didn't bring him in or start him.

F

Flavia

Villa had a terrible, terrible game a few days ago against an "easy" opponent. I figure that's the reason Tito didn't bring him in or start him.
This, he has to fight for the spot. Though alexis was also terrible today, and i'd put Villa instead of him, it's not like Villa is doing brilliantly every time. He's had some bad games as well. Tito knows what he's doing.

Vapor

I trust Tito to an extent, but I'm with everyone else, completely puzzled by his decision to bring on Sanchez over Villa. I can understand not playing Villa due to Cesc being there... that's understandable. But Cesc gets injured and he brings on recently injured ALEXIS??? In an important game like this? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I wish he would explain, but that probably won't happen.

Home of Barca Fans