David Villa

Y

Youngie

So missing a chance=Not being a consistent scorer?
Consistent scorer means to me scoring in every game you play (one after the other). Anyway no need to get your knickers in a twist about it :lol:

BTW: I do think David Villa is a great option for this Barça team to have - no doubt. I just don't think he's something divine after scoring against lowly Cordoba and Getafe.

Consistent scorer means to me scoring in every game you play (one after the other). Anyway no need to get your knickers in a twist about it :lol:

According to that logic, the only consistent scorer in the world is Messi. And even he's had games in which he hasn't scored (like the game against Celta).

BTW: I do think David Villa is a great option for this Barça team to have - no doubt. I just don't think he's something divine after scoring against lowly Cordoba and Getafe.

But you have a good point there. Villa should be used a little more though.

Kerrybai

Right but he can't score from the bench and I don't think any is arguing that he is a divine goalscorer right now, but he's still been our second most consistent goalscorer.

Y

Youngie

"Of all players to have scored 5 or more Liga goals so far this season, David Villa has played the fewest minutes (675)"

I do know this. Forget the goalscoring for a second. What about the rest of his game? He's not that great.

Right but he can't score from the bench and I don't think any is arguing that he is a divine goalscorer right now, but he's still been our second most consistent goalscorer.

If I hear the word "consistent" anymore I think I'll crack up...

Cule4life

The Culest
I do know this. Forget the goalscoring for a second. What about the rest of his game? He's not that great.

No one is perfect. A team is a mixture of strengths- Villa's finishing, Pedro's workrate, Iniesta's finesse - A combination of these makes a team

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Youngie stop sipping on that haterade man.

Glad he got a goal today! The rest of the season will be big for him. I can see him helping us to another CL trophy :D

Richard.H

If I hear the word "consistent" anymore I think I'll crack up...

At the end of the day, the game is about scoring goals.

Can't be consistent if you only get about 1 start for every 4 matches.

N

Noldorin

Youngie stop sipping on that haterade man.

Glad he got a goal today! The rest of the season will be big for him. I can see him helping us to another CL trophy :D

That's the attitude! I can see the management warming to him too. I mean look, he's gotten so few minutes this years, which has hampered his opportunities and consistencies, yet he's still the 2nd highest goal scorer this season!

Y

Youngie

I don't hate David Villa. Far from it. Just don't think he should be starting every important match because he scored against lowly teams like Cordoba and Getafe. I'm not convinced he's the Villa of old.

Villa7

mI believe Villa hasn't scored against an "awesome" team this season because so far he never had the chance to do so, am I wrong?

David Villa has played 1139 minutes this season, scoring 11 goals and 4 assists. This means he scores or assists once every 75 minutes, if that's not consistent, I don't know in which world you live in, my friend. You need to realize that there's only a few players that can archive better stats than those, and the only one in our team is Messi.

Villa, 1139 minutes, 11 goals, 4 assists = takes him 75,93 minutes to score or assist.
Iniesta, 1909 minutes, 5 goals, 16 assists = takes him 90,90 minutes to score or assist.
Cesc, 1965 minutes, 9 goals, 10 assists = takes him 103,42 minutes to score or assist.
Alexis, 1403 minutes, 4 goals, 5 assists = takes him 155,88 minutes to score or assist.
Pedro, 2358 minutes, 7 goals, 7 assists = takes him 168,42 minutes to score or assist.

I remember Villa used to score coming from the bench in the beginning of this season, but that's because he was working really hard to gain a spot in the starting ELEVEN, but I think he has realized by now that working at 500% won't get him in the starting line up, it's all up to Tito, if anything, working at 500% will get him injured, like Puyol, it's best for Villa to not rush things, keep working and waiting for a chance.

In the last matches, perhaps I'm the only one who has seen how easy Villa can link up with Messi, like he always does with Alba or Iniesta from the left. Not only he does that, but he also makes Messi, our best player, play better because defenders focus Villa a lot as well, this leaves Messi with enough free space to move around and do his work. Villa links up well with everyone, keeps the ball posession, makes great runs, scores, assists, defends (when it's needed). He does all that perfectly, one may say that Villa doesn't defend as much as Pedro or Alexis, sure, but they do it because they are young. Even Messi doesn't defend, Ronaldo either. Don't expect Villa, that is older than all of them, to keep running around (sometimes for no reason, because if you look at Alexis stats, even tho he runs a lot to defend, his ball recovery % is just like Villa's), when he can save energy to assist/score or make runs properly. Then there's the speed thing, is he as fast as Messi? Ronaldo? obviously not, but he is fast enough to get past defenders, and score, or assist, so why do you really want him to be faster? he doesn't needs to be Bolt to do his tasks properly so saying it's a con doesn't make sense.

Who mentioned Cesc and Alexis? This is about Villa and more importantly saying he's "consistently scoring".

Jeez man no need to be so angry! :lol:

Villa missed a chance last game?, unless you are blink, Messi failed at least 3 as well , and that doesn't means Messi is worse, that means everyone fails once in a while. What matter is the percentage of success, and Messi's is very high, and Villa's is very high as well. Alexis, in other hand, is realllly bad, yet he manages to have more minutes than Villa, or play against Madrid. Anyhow, to back up my words, here goes the stats in La Liga BBVA:

Alexis, 12 shots, 1 goal = 0.08%
Messi, 123 shots, 36 goals, 0.28%
Villa, 16 shots, 6 goals, 0.37%

You can't really blame Villa for failing a chance, or two, or three... because EVERYONE fails chances, even the best player called Messi. Scoring is not as easy as you think, just play football and see it by yourself, or ask Alexis, it took him a few months to do it in La Liga...

"consistently scoring" in football means scoring in one match, not scoring, scoring, not scoring, and Villa, with 644 appearances and 330 goals scored (0.51 goal per match or a goal every two matches), always had that in his whole carer. You need to redefine the sentence "consistently scoring" in football to match your crazy definition, and you may not be able to use it with Messi either.

Lately Villa is doing this: scoring, and instead of "not scoring" in the next match, he's providing assists, and then scoring again. That's beautiful consistent work my friend.

Last edited:

Povikas

Brandon
Official: Villa suffers from a nephritic colic infection, he's undergoing treatment in hospital and is doubtful for the game against Granada
note: renal colic is a type of abdominal pain caused by kidney stones

barcanuck

Official: Villa suffers from a nephritic colic infection, he's undergoing treatment in hospital and is doubtful for the game against Granada
note: renal colic is a type of abdominal pain caused by kidney stones

FML another injury causing him to sit on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans