Dede

Jadentheman

Full name: Anderson Vital da Silva
Date of birth: July 1, 1988 (age 23)
Height 1.92 m (6 ft 3 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB] in)
Playing position: CB, Sweeper
Current club: Vasco da Gama

With the Transfer season up and running I like to introduce a CB option. DEDE! Just spreading the word, I don't think there is another thread on him

Here is him taking on Neymar. Good replacement in the upcoming future

Discuss.

:puyol::pique:

Theconomist

Don't know him, doubt many here do. Doesn't look that impressive but from 2 youtube videos it's hard to judge. The hotshot youth defender in the brazilian league was Juan and inter got him.
I'd rather give Muniesa a shout than sign someone who isn't proven.

stunnabear

@ Jadentheman. YES! I've been saying this for the last year and a half. DEDE has all we need in a central defender. He is tall and can defend the set pieces. He gives us strength and speed at the back AND he can play the ball. In 2 years he will be one of the Elites in world futbol. One of his nicknames is Dedeckembauer because of his ability to attack! Cheers.

Trickykid

You can drool all you like over this kid, but luckily there's been no indication whatsoever that we'll take a gamble with this unproven straight-outta-Brazil defender. At his age he should be getting all the minutes he can. He won't get many with Piqué, Puyol and Masch all in front of him.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yup! Definitely better than Javi!

I wouldn't say he's better than Javi because Javi is fucking awesome, but definitely a better CB, especially as a stopper. I mean Dede is very skilled with the ball too but he's a natural defensive player more so.

Javi is basically a complete player but if you want a lockdown defender, you are better off with Dede. Javi is another sweeper/displaced DM.

But Dede is going to be a beast, he already is. He's the best player on a very good Vasco team.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I had this conversation with someone during the summer about Dedé...There were concerns about his injuries and lack of NT experience to be truly considered a blue chip prospect...Portuguese sides and Milan have been linked to him for a couple of years already so no idea where Barcelona would fall into that queue now

He extended his contract with Vasco thru '15 in the summer so any transfer would be minimum €18-20 million (Buyout is claimed to be €28 million) - doesn't sound like he's itching to leave Brasil either...His coach, Ricardo Gomes, not a bad central defender in his own right claims that [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Ded[/FONT]é is a better prospect than himself

That combination of steel, speed & energy is pretty enticing for a central defender...Very promising but still the unfinished article, he is, for example, not nearly as polished as say a Hummels

Home of Barca Fans