Defender for next season?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have said it so many times here . I am again saying we are not going after Thiago Silva . We have not contacted anyone regarding thiago silva and I am pretty sure about this. Till now , no movement on Silva from Barca .

So because you are saying so, it can't happen?
You don't know if Milan was contacted just like you don't know if we will make a bid. Transfer window hasn't even opened yet. And when it does, it'll be a long long summer.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
So because you are saying so, it can't happen?
You don't know if Milan was contacted just like you don't know if we will make a bid. Transfer window hasn't even opened yet. And when it does, it'll be a long long summer.

No, I didn't say it can't happen . All I said was , BARCA already confirmed that there won't be any big signings this season . Thiago Silva's agent officially denied it . Milan denied before . Now their sports director denied it again . There are plenty of closely related soures of Barca have said the same . And I am confirmed that we have not contacted thiago silva till now whereas we already started negotiation on Alba . ofcourse you shouldn't believe me if you don't want .

W

woobie

And you're a brave soul to believe on face value anything that Milan's management says to the press about transfers. :)

(I think they may be right about this one. Just do not see the club selling Thiago Silva -- unless someone equally valued came the other way. And that would be someone in the xavi/iniesta category, not Keita.)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Of course I shouldn't believe you any more than the press or rumors, just as anyone else shouldn't. What are those contacts specifically that you have with the club? Or sources that anyone here couldn't find themselves?
And the attitude you project of knowing more than others when in fact you don't. "I am telling you", "believe me", etc..

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
And you're a brave soul to believe on face value anything that Milan's management says to the press about transfers. :)

(I think they may be right about this one. Just do not see the club selling Thiago Silva -- unless someone equally valued came the other way. And that would be someone in the xavi/iniesta category, not Keita.)

No.I can be wrong certainly.But those are examples because Bojan came up with his points . I have my reasons. :)

Last edited:
W

woobie

I'm with Bojan on this one -- you don't really seem to have proof that what you say is any more objectively true than anyone else's conjecture. Granted you may have faster access to some of the Catalan media but that doesn't imply being right as the media in most countries isn't usually very accurate when it comes to transfers.

Where specifically did Barcelona say they weren't negotiating for or interested in Thiago Silva? Who said it?

B

barcelonista

Rosell's board isn't leaking information as easily as Laporta's did. And if they do, they spread false rumours as a smoke screen (like the Rossi rumour last season). Even if you know writers from MD or Sport. They know fuck all. From today:

sport.7506.jpg

:lol:

DucdeOrléans

Thiago Silva is still (and have been for a long time) very much a player that the board, Pep and Tito want to have next season. Even Thiago Silva himself has not hidden the fact that a move to FCB would be hard to turn down.

Whether Milan will sell him for the price FCB will offer is more doubtful. It depends on what will happen with Pato and Ibra. Personally I don't think they will sell him but to say that there is no interest is not true.

khaled_a_d

We should try to replace Puyol while he's still with us and can play 30 games/year, not after he's gone(kind of like what we're doing with Xavi). And I don't want Thiago Silva at Barca because he would be too expensive for his age and the CBs coming from Serie A have rarely made it in La Liga.
Right now,CB are not exactly the deepest position (talent wise) in the world mtbh It is more difficult to replace Puyol than Xavi
and actually ,we might have already put a replacement for Puyol : Pique ,we just need to get his Marquez

ath0s

why not botia (about 3 million euros)?

seriously, why buy a world class defender when we have 3 ??

last year rosell was talking about reducing our debt.. iirc..

Keyjell

why not botia (about 3 million euros)?

seriously, why buy a world class defender when we have 3 ??

last year rosell was talking about reducing our debt.. iirc..

Reducing debt does not mean the club stops investing in new players, but being smart about where they invest it. Success is an important factor in debt reduction for a club such as barca, and now that puyol is getting older and becomming more susceptible to injury, there is more need to sure up the defense to keep the clubs successes in recent years going. And the term "you gotta spend money to make money", although cheesy is true, and we can see it in the deals madrid made for kaka and ronaldo. Both where expensive, but they have helped the club in terms of marketability and winning. If barca do buy neymar, even if he will be expensive, it will not only be a choice done to improve the team with a skilled player, but an investment to help the club generate income because of neymars reputation.

Home of Barca Fans