Defender for next season?

SwiftGuyver

yeah it looks like it's gonna be Silva (£30-35m) & Alba (£10-15m) and then that will be us done for the summer...

0n0mat0p0eia

yeah it looks like it's gonna be Silva (£30-35m) & Alba (£10-15m) and then that will be us done for the summer...

Sooooo, Silva 1.83m (6 foot) and Alba 1.70m (5foot 7inch). I must have missed the new Fifa/Uefa rule coming in that says the ball cannot be played above head height and therefore crosses/headers/headed corners are now banned.
Still, we'll be alright playing friendlies against Pygmy United!!!

M

mitkoa7x

Sooooo, Silva 1.83m (6 foot) and Alba 1.70m (5foot 7inch). I must have missed the new Fifa/Uefa rule coming in that says the ball cannot be played above head height and therefore crosses/headers/headed corners are now banned.
Still, we'll be alright playing friendlies against Pygmy United!!!

Thiago Silva is a beast in the air and he is also very strong (which helps him fight for a position in the box). Alba is a midget fair and square, Tito wont have him head corner away from the box i guess.

Still prefer Adriano Correia above Alba, just need to keep healthy and he'll become a beast.

Ender

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting Thiago Silva to come this transfer window or the next. Milan won't get rid of him; it would be tantamount to us trading Puyol.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
What i noticed yesterday about Thiago Silva is his tendancy to play an easy sidepass to the other CD (Juan) instead of building up himself. Im not sure if thats the perfect type of player. Could however just been a fluke or sth. But it was kinda notable at some point ...

AvocadoCake

I think we will soon have to live with the fact that Silva isn't coming, here are the alternatives:
View attachment 5580

Vermaelen - Good defender and can play fullback, not sure if Barca-quality
Luiz - if Tito gets the best out of him we've got ourselves a great buy, if not.... unreliable
Lovren - who?
Subotic - Good defender, i'd like him at Barca but i doubt Dortmund will let him go
Hummels - extended his contract last week, not gonna happen.

psychotsek

I think we will soon have to live with the fact that Silva isn't coming, here are the alternatives:
View attachment 5580

Luiz - if Tito gets the best out of him we've got ourselves a great buy, if not.... unreliable
Lovren - who?
Subotic - Good defender, i'd like him at Barca but i doubt Dortmund will let him go

Of all these 5 players i can't think of anyone more suited to barca than him.He is as close to Abi as it gets.
I'm really tired of all those Barca-quality comments :cesc:.
How many thought Pique or Abi were Barca-quality before we signed them??

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Of all these 5 players i can't think of anyone more suited to barca than him.He is as close to Abi as it gets.
I'm really tired of all those Barca-quality comments :cesc:.
How many thought Pique or Abi were Barca-quality before we signed them??
He isn't bad but he is injury prone,we already have enough of those players.

khaled_a_d

View attachment 5580

Lovren - who?
Don't know a lot about Vermaelen & Lovren as I haven't watched them ,Lovren is tall and the youngest of all of them
I agree with what you said about Luiz & Hummels
Subotic is my favorite btw ,big fan of the kid and I think he will fit gr8 in that team

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lovren has a contract with Lyon until 2016. He is their starter and I don't think they need the money.
Not sure he would fit in Barca though and even less sure if he has enough quality, although I would like to see him join.

Piqué

Vermaelen just said couple of days ago he wants to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career.

First, he must try and stay injury-free. But he is in the top 5 of defenders in the PL.

Home of Barca Fans