Defender for next season?

Wouterinho

Of all these 5 players i can't think of anyone more suited to barca than him.He is as close to Abi as it gets.
I'm really tired of all those Barca-quality comments :cesc:.
How many thought Pique or Abi were Barca-quality before we signed them??
About Vermaelen: He's good, but I don't think he's got the required technical skills.
About your Pique/Abi comment: I think everyone who followed Pique as a young kid knew he was Barca-quality ;)

Keyjell

What about Dede from Vasco da Gama? Cheap, young, tall, and talented from what I've seen and heard. I don't think his price tag is too large either. Barca seem to be fixed in the notion that any player they buy must be from a large European club or a Spanish club which seems a little strange when considering the financial issue Barce have had.

dodi1982

What about Dede from Vasco da Gama? Cheap, young, tall, and talented from what I've seen and heard. I don't think his price tag is too large either. Barca seem to be fixed in the notion that any player they buy must be from a large European club or a Spanish club which seems a little strange when considering the financial issue Barce have had.

images

images

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Add every single signing Barca made from South America since Maradona to that list. That's how bad it is.

psychotsek

About Vermaelen: He's good, but I don't think he's got the required technical skills.
About your Pique/Abi comment: I think everyone who followed Pique as a young kid knew he was Barca-quality ;)

Vermaelen is at the moment a better player than Abi when we signed him.As for Pique a quick look at the first posts of this forum's dedicated thread about him will prove you wrong i think..

Pastore

Vermaelen would be a ideal player for us! He can play CB and LB like Abidal. The only problem is, would Arsenal sell Vermaelen?

AvocadoCake

Barcelona B left back Carles Planas (21), whose contract expired, has this evening signed a contract renewal for two more years. [rac1]

Piqué

Vermaelen would be a ideal player for us! He can play CB and LB like Abidal. The only problem is, would Arsenal sell Vermaelen?

Vermaelen isn't a good LB, he really is a CB. He is just forced to play on the left sometimes because of injuries (at Arsenal) and lack of talent (with Belgium). But he is not capable of playing left back for Barcelona.

MagIX

I totally agree with you, Hummels The Wall is the perfect defender for Barca. Young, tall, physically a beast, talented, excellent vision of the game,......
I follow the Bundesliga and i really like BVB, they play a wunderfull soccer. But anyway (i'm not so sentimental, business is business) i really hope that Barca buy Hummels!! :worthy:

Vol. 1

Vol. 2

Hummels The Wall

I have to quote myself

Wouterinho

Vermaelen is at the moment a better player than Abi when we signed him.As for Pique a quick look at the first posts of this forum's dedicated thread about him will prove you wrong i think..
I'm not talking about fans (who in certain situations really don't have a clue), I think the insiders knew he'd become a great player. He was a vital part of the most talented Barcelona generation so far (Messi, Fabregas, Piqué & Vazquez).
& Vermaelen is a better CB then Abi was when we signed him, but I don't think he's a better LB.
I'm a big fan of him (so I'm not saying this because I don't like him), I just don't think he fits in Barcelona.

psychotsek

I'm not talking about fans (who in certain situations really don't have a clue), I think the insiders knew he'd become a great player. He was a vital part of the most talented Barcelona generation so far (Messi, Fabregas, Piqué & Vazquez).
& Vermaelen is a better CB then Abi was when we signed him, but I don't think he's a better LB.
I'm a big fan of him (so I'm not saying this because I don't like him), I just don't think he fits in Barcelona.

:beer:

F

Frejsgodes

I really like what I've seen from simon kjaer so far,very good CB
He can be very good as evident in this tournament. However, he can also be extremly bad, and that unfortunately happens way too often.

psychotsek

I'm curious how come we are not going for Dede?He sure fits our needs,tall,fast brazilian:rosell: and sure he would come cheaper than any of our other options.

Home of Barca Fans