Demba Ba

Yugi

yeah, I noticed it too, they dont pass to each other anymore, and if they do they dont place the pass properly

E

estranged

Ba is clearly pissed off at Cisse walking into the squad and grabbing so many goals.

Hatem Ben Arfa

i see you all trying to troll, but YES. Ba is clearly unhappy at the moment. He did not celebrate Cisse's winning goal against Swansea with the rest of the bench and just sat there in a huff. The following game when he was subbed off (he played like sh*t) he completely blanked the manager and refused to shake his hand.

He's clearly not happy that his new colleague is taking all the limelight and scoring goals at a rate of knots, while he himself has failed to score in 9 games now I think.

He can leave if he continues to be in a huff and spoil the good team spirit that we have going on at the minute (I don't know who will want to sign him if he continues his poor form of the last 9 games though). However I'm thinking all he needs is a goal two to get him back on track.

I fancy him to score a hat-trick against Stoke in our next game.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
funny thing is he should be mad at Ben Arfa, not Cissé. the formation change has been to suit him (you can't play him wide-right in a 4 if you want to get the best out of him) not Ba's Senegalese buddy. if Ben Arfa was still getting injured, Pardew would have stuck with 442 and it'd be Cissé and Ba up-front together making it rain.

but as Ben Arfa has stayed fit, the formation has shifted to 433 and even when he's up-front it's as a lone striker, so Ba is out of his element (whereas Cissé can thrive in that role, as his form has shown).

I feel bad for the guy.

Hatem Ben Arfa

funny thing is he should be mad at Ben Arfa, not Cissé. the formation change has been to suit him (you can't play him wide-right in a 4 if you want to get the best out of him) not Ba's Senegalese buddy. if Ben Arfa was still getting injured, Pardew would have stuck with 442 and it'd be Cissé and Ba up-front together making it rain.

but as Ben Arfa has stayed fit, the formation has shifted to 433 and even when he's up-front it's as a lone striker, so Ba is out of his element (whereas Cissé can thrive in that role, as his form has shown).

I feel bad for the guy.

Yes, but Ba should be a team player and not have such a soure lemon face when his teammate scores the winning goal.

I'm serious when I say we should sell him for funny money to PSG if he continues to sulk and be disrespectful to the manager every time he gets substituted for a bad performance. Especially if the drought conintues (I doubt it will though)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
dude there's only one rule... Link or it didn't happen!!

And funny you say sell him for crazy money... Didn't he have a buy-out clause of 8m!?

Superfly

Banned
Geez, I remember reading on here that Demba Ba was the best striker in the world back in September-December..

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
No one well spend serious money on Ba, because one injury to his hamstring and he's fucked. But he is definitely for a punt for any team at a decent price.

Home of Barca Fans