Demba Ba

Hatem Ben Arfa

£12m plus Ba for Carroll is going rumour at the moment.

Quotes from Pardew on the Carroll transfer:

"There's no real progress.

"The two clubs need to make an agreement on the finance side about the players we're talking about. Unfortunately, there's no agreement at the moment."

He says players, which is interesting and indicates that maybe there's something in this Ba business.

that's been floating around for weeks with journos putting 2 + 2 = 5 because of Ba's release clause and the fact that we have bid for Carroll.

he's not going anywhere. and if he does it's not that big a deal, he hasn't scored in ages and starts sulking about not playing central striker. plus we have Papiss Cisse.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Demba Ba's £7.5 million release clause expires at midnight tonight.

I wonder if this will shut up all those media hacks who try stir up trouble saying he's leaving Newcastle for club x, y, z, Ω that has activated his release clause?

JamDav1982

Demba Ba's £7.5 million release clause expires at midnight tonight.

I wonder if this will shut up all those media hacks who try stir up trouble saying he's leaving Newcastle for club x, y, z, Ω that has activated his release clause?

His dodgy knees will stop teams paying 7.5m for him.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Good, that means he's ours for next season.

Demba Ba-----Papiss Cisse-----Hatem Ben Arfa

I'm loving that front line. And they will be playing next to each other all season long. I can see both Ba and Cisse hitting the 20 goal mark each, and Ben Arfa coming up with 15 goals minimum. :)

Hatem Ben Arfa

Prepare to say goodbye to him HBA....

you were telling me?

the deadline for his £7.5 million release clause has passed. A release clause that would have seen him entitled to £3.5 million of that fee. I guess it looks like he's staying, like he's been saying all along. Despite lying journalists trying to sell papers stating otherwise.

Ursegor

World Champion
Scored 1 goal in his last 17 Premier League games. His form went to shit pretty much since Cisse arrived. I wonder if he's jealous of Cisse taking the spotlight away from him. You know, scoring that nice-looking fluke goal against Chelsea and stuff. Do we have Newcastle fans on this forum who can enlighten us a bit on this particular situation?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yes Ba was jealous of Cisse and started sulking because he was played as left wing forward to accommodate Cisse centrally and Hatem Ben Arfa as a right wing forward.

He did not celebrate Cisses goal against some team after he was substituted. The whole bench jumped up to celebrate and he was sat there in a huff with his arms folded. He also blanked the manager when he got substituted one time. so yes he was clearly jealous of his teammates success given his own failings in front of goal.

At the moment the manager is playing a 4-4-2 formation just to stop Ba sulking and keep him playing centrally. 4-3-3 is our best formation and we have been suffering with 4-4-2 this season.

As for his form this season he has 1 goal in 3 premier league games while taking into account that Ramadan ended on the first day of the season and he did not do much preseason because he was fasting which can diminish his performances.

He will come good though.

Ursegor

World Champion
he was fasting

I know he was fast. Just got caught speeding twice while already having 6 points on his liscence. Got banned from driving for 6 months. Also did not attend the court.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/04/demba-ba-driving-ban-newcastle?newsfeed=true

I don't know what to say. I think I'll just copy this opinion from a fellow barcaforum member commenting in the Arsenal thread about Andre Santos speeding:

This IDIOT. is he trying to kill himself and others.

also I had him in my fantasy team! No wonder he was left on the bench. I'm selling this idiot.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yes Ba was jealous of Cisse and started sulking because he was played as left wing forward to accommodate Cisse centrally and Hatem Ben Arfa as a right wing forward.

He did not celebrate Cisses goal against some team after he was substituted. The whole bench jumped up to celebrate and he was sat there in a huff with his arms folded. He also blanked the manager when he got substituted one time. so yes he was clearly jealous of his teammates success given his own failings in front of goal.

At the moment the manager is playing a 4-4-2 formation just to stop Ba sulking and keep him playing centrally. 4-3-3 is our best formation and we have been suffering with 4-4-2 this season.

As for his form this season he has 1 goal in 3 premier league games while taking into account that Ramadan ended on the first day of the season and he did not do much preseason because he was fasting which can diminish his performances.

He will come good though.

Sarcasm?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Ok, the "yes Ba was jealous" and "yes he was clearly jealous" parts looked like they dripped with sarcasm, and you never know on the internet :p

Hatem Ben Arfa

Ok, the "yes Ba was jealous" and "yes he was clearly jealous" parts looked like they dripped with sarcasm, and you never know on the internet :p

yeah it's kind of hard to tell on the internet.

one this is for sure, he is out of my fantasy league team!!!

that is a very hasty decision. both Ba and Cisse will come good against Everton. keep him in your team for 2 more weeks. you won't regret it.

Home of Barca Fans