Demba Ba

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract.

The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

GiantKiller

At long last, Chelsea won't have the need to rely on the creativity of Mata-Hazard-Oscar now that they've got a decent striker in Ba.

Robbie

Are his knee problems over? From the way they described it when he failed his Stoke medical a while back, it was a potential Dean Ashton situation.

89Norcal

Are his knee problems over? From the way they described it when he failed his Stoke medical a while back, it was a potential Dean Ashton situation.

He hadn't missed a game for Newcastle due to knee problems. In fact I don't remember him being injured.

Ba's agents seemed like sharky guys. One of them is his brother and they demanded all these extravagant agent fees and stirred up transfer rumors all of last year. Kind of glad he's gone. That means the return of Cisse.

[youtube]g0g74JixgNo[/youtube]

Robbie

Pardew is probably going to get another Ligue 1 striker for peanuts. I wonder who's next... Remy? Sow? Gignac?

89Norcal

Pardew is probably going to get another Ligue 1 striker for peanuts. I wonder who's next... Remy? Sow? Gignac?

Newcastle are in talks with Remy. Tottenham are also targeting him. But Remy won't be peanuts - around £10m.

And Chelsea are still mulling over Demba Ba's knee.

Home of Barca Fans