Diego Forlan

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
TribalFootball:

Barcaforum.com member Wolfe who is born with the disease of being a Real Madrid fan has recently come out with compliments about rival club FC Barcelona. His comments were:
"barca play the best football in the world and i envy the fact that i was a born madrid fan because if i had a choice it would be barca"
FC Barcelona have commented saying they are touched with Wolfe's confession and would welcome him to become a FC Barcelona fan any day but Wolfe is committed to his club and would never waver his allegiance even if it borders on insanity.

---------------------------------------------

see i can do it too, maybe i should be a tribalfootball writer :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
It would be amazing if we were able to grab Forlan, looks like he wants to go back to the EPL. Could be a good pick up for Liverpool who needs him badly! I seen this article on ESPN and also seen the interview on Sky News.

TRANSFER NEWS
Forlan open to Atletico Madrid departure
By ESPNsoccernet staff

October 5, 2010
Comment
Email
Print
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan has revealed he would relish the chance to return to the Premier League.

GettyImages

Diego Forlan appears to be ready to quit Atletico Madrid

Forlan, 31, first moved to Europe with Manchester United in 2002 but, despite becoming a favourite among the club's fans, he scored just ten goals in 63 appearances and left for Villarreal in 2004.

He has since become one of the most prolific strikers in La Liga, winning the Pichichi (Spain's top scorer trophy) in 2004-05 and 2008-09, and has now said he would be delighted to be given a second chance in England.

"If I have the chance to go, I will go," he told Sky Sports News. "You know, it's like I always say, when I came here to Europe it's because I left my home and I left everybody so I'm not attached to a team.

"(You look at) the best offer you have and if you have a chance and it is good and it is good for the team and it is good for you, I don't see it as bad - I see it is good and I will move."

He added: "Everybody says things - that maybe you don't want to go back. The time I had in England was great and I enjoyed it and if I had the chance to go back I would be really happy."

Despite reports of interest from Tottenham and United over the summer, though, Forlan denied that an offer has already come in and stressed that he remains contracted to Atletico.

"It's just the papers. Never, never until now. They never sent any of them (offers)," he said. "The papers say things but at the moment I am here, I have a contract with the club and there's nothing else to say."

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If you believe Sky every player is on his way to the Premier League.

65294_160775810618176_111219788907112_414377_1157048_n.jpg

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Has anyone else noticed that Forlan is in a similar situation to Villa right now? He got off to a hot start but since then has had a bit of a goal drought. He's still working hard and contributing mind you, Atleti isn't going to bury him on the bench anytime soon (although Quique, being a conservative coach, will likely play him less than Villa is playing), but the goals aren't there.

And what do Villa and Forlan have in common that say, Eto'o,does not? They both played 7 games in the World Cup....

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Has anyone else noticed that Forlan is in a similar situation to Villa right now? He got off to a hot start but since then has had a bit of a goal drought. He's still working hard and contributing mind you, Atleti isn't going to bury him on the bench anytime soon (although Quique, being a conservative coach, will likely play him less than Villa is playing), but the goals aren't there.

And what do Villa and Forlan have in common that say, Eto'o,does not? They both played 7 games in the World Cup....

I agree, I mean last year Eto'o also had a great start to the season scoring 10 goals in 6 games of what have you. Nothing to do with Inter's new way of playing and press further up the pitch. I also note Torres has only one goal so far, note his manager's tactics are of playing so deep it seems like we are going back up our mother's vaginas.

4 games at the world cup (difference between eto'o and the other 2) is not a huge difference.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I agree, I mean last year Eto'o also had a great start to the season scoring 10 goals in 6 games of what have you. Nothing to do with Inter's new way of playing and press further up the pitch. I also note Torres has only one goal so far, note his manager's tactics are of playing so deep it seems like we are going back up our mother's vaginas.

4 games at the world cup (difference between eto'o and the other 2) is not a huge difference.

Well tactics play a big part, neither Villa or Forlan are playing as defensive of a role as Eto'o last year but both have been used recently in more supporting roles.

And yes 4 games are a big deal when you are talking about the entire World Cup knockout stage. Especially when Forlan was more or less Uruguay's entire offense (he's clearly not at 100% since then) and Villa spent the entire first half of the World Cup bailing out Spain every chance he got.

And both will be fine. Forlan will probably have another season of below 20 goals though...you can say he's "pulling a Torres", if you will.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Well tbh Forlan magic always seems to be in that March-May period where he turns into superman.

Home of Barca Fans