Diego Forlan

DucdeOrléans

:lol: @ people comparing Forlan to Larsson.... totally different kind of players

Not like I don't want him play for us but what difference does he offer compared to Villa!?
Also, considering he would be sold for his market value, which is 15m @ transfermarkt, would you guys be willing to do that transfer? Just a question, I'm not saying that is bad/good deal because I'm confused

No one compares him with Larsson. I just think people agree that he would be a excelent sub much like Larsson and could have a similar successful role as the Swede. Forlan has it all; technique, great shot, passing ability, good in the air, good physique, experience, would not face difficulties with settling in etc.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@mido

I doubt that man. He is really good... got great outside shot, creativity and all but i'm not sure he can be the targetman/CF that we want, he is not that great in the air tbh. He's really good to play the Messi role yeah.

He seems a trequarista kinda player for me, definitely not a target man.

Trequartista

The good
He is not a targetman for sure,he is a powerhorse who is better coming from behind and the world cup showed that with him providing Cavani and Suarez is a system similar to Barca's but his role at Atletico is different, even Aguero have more freedom than him,so he can play as a number ten or as a line leader where he will do a job better than Bojan and Villa in that role,he may not be Drogba in the hold up,strength and heading but he is far from being bad in those
The team coped with the abscence of Xavi,Puyol well this season but sruggled with the absence of Messi and Pep tried Villa,Iniesta,Afellay as a false deep foward with no good results from them so Forlan can be either a Plan A as a direct replacement for Messi or as a plan B with his presence in the box,anyway dont know who would make a better signing Drogba or Forlan but the team will not sign anyone from them

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
That's an interesting way of looking at it and you are right, Forlan could almost be something like a vice-Messi. He's equally good as an around the box sniper and as someone who makes runs from further deep, I could definitely see him spending time in Messi and Pedro's role and doing a good job of it. Drogba would obviously give us the sacred number 9 certain people here are obsessed over, but Forlan is a very interesting option, plus it gives us the freedom to send Bojan out on loan where he could actually develop.

Play-wise I don't think he's as far removed from Larsson as Estel is saying. He's obviously much worse in the air than King Henrik was, they definitely have different styles but both have very well rounded games and are excellent opportunists. I don't really see it happening because Forlan will probably want to challenge himself in another league after this seasons disaster, but if he wants to stay in Spain and we could take advantage of it, awesome.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
True he is one of the best all-round strikers out there... But don't we have to look for a player who should be different compared to the kind of players we already have in the squad!? I mean it's not like we are going to have to pay peanuts for a new addition!! How much ever he's going to play any new addition to this squad would cost a lot, so IMO it's better we empty our pockets for some one like say Drogba than Forlan

I think Kanoute would have been huge but probably the ship has sailed past that IMO :(

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Either one of Forlan or Kanoute would be awesome. I'm not so sure about Drogba, I'd rather have someone that's used to the league.

Home of Barca Fans