Dmytro Chygrynskiy

barca96

if pep did the right thing by taking him off, i bet his career would be over at barca...
fortunately in the 2nd half, xerez didn't threaten us...

Co0ter

very poor today, two huge mistakes....and not like he was being that pressured either, just two really terrible fundamental mistakes, on leading to a goal.

i find it hard to believe we couldn't find someone better than this guy for 20 million, considering two other teams did it, vermaelen and thiago silva, and both of them are starters and done VERY well overall for their teams. turtle slow and worst first touch i've ever seen.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Was he that bad? I think our major problem in defending was Mr. Rafa, am i wrong?

nope. you're spot-on.

chygrynskiy made one mistake and that was the idiotic backpass to valdés.

but other than that he was okay.

he made a "mistake" for their goal but the pass to him from yaya was abysmal (ahead of an off-balance player and to his weaker foot at that) and he was never going to retrieve the situation.

it's no coincidence that once rafa went off xerez got absolutely NOTHING out of our defence; chygrynskiy included.

he's improving. with a barca year to adapt and a pre-season under his belt he'll be much better.

barca96

nope. you're spot-on.

chygrynskiy made one mistake and that was the idiotic backpass to valdés.

but other than that he was okay.

he made a "mistake" for their goal but the pass to him from yaya was abysmal (ahead of an off-balance player and to his weaker foot at that) and he was never going to retrieve the situation.

it's no coincidence that once rafa went off xerez got absolutely NOTHING out of our defence; chygrynskiy included.

he's improving. with a barca year to adapt and a pre-season under his belt he'll be much better.

nope..he made another dangerous pass previously.
he looked nervous everytime he touched the ball.
but i do think it was the right thing to do to keep him on the pitch as he is a long term project
whereas rafa will be gone..

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
In the heat of the game I was absolutely furious with our Ukrainian's performance.

Later watching the reply of the game, I actually felt he was doing much better when Rafa came off. That, however, surely is not surprise, as Rafa and Chygs have barely played together (and at all), so it was expected they'd both be nervous and low on confidence. Subbing him in would have completely destroyed him.

What I forget, once in a while with Chygsy, is that he was bought as a long-term project. I actually expect him to come good next season.

dalitis8

Banned
In the heat of the game I was absolutely furious with our Ukrainian's performance.

Later watching the reply of the game, I actually felt he was doing much better when Rafa came off. That, however, surely is not surprise, as Rafa and Chygs have barely played together (and at all), so it was expected they'd both be nervous and low on confidence. Subbing him in would have completely destroyed him.

What I forget, once in a while with Chygsy, is that he was bought as a long-term project. I actually expect him to come good next season.

We all hope so...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

That sounds good. For the sake of the argument let's assume he's adapting well, instead of who do you expect him to play? Puyol, Pique, Milito?
As things stand now with the quality we currently possess at the back + Muniesa and Fontas knocking at the doors I just don't see Chygrynskiy establishing his place as our CB next season. I think Milito surprised everyone, including Pep, with his return as a quality CB and that really dented the Ukrainian's chances.
And it's really a shame as Pep put great deal of trust on Chygo and he does seem like a really nice character. When you are a defender all mistakes are being watched through a microscope but that's just the way it is.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Bojan: Estel just answered your question there. It is actually what I had in mind as well when I saw Milito proving everyone wrong.

Milito and Chygs are almost identical to Pique - Puyol partnership by their defending style, how they cover each other and how they bring the ball up the field. The difference is that Chygs has been completely out of luck this season.

What comes to Muniesa + Fontas, is that there have been worries with Muniesa's proneness to injuries. He's been out almost as much a Iniesta has been out, and that's rather worrying. Currently Muniesa's out for until the play-offs start for Athletic, given they'll reach them.

barca96

i hope pep will give muniesa and fontas some minutes in pre-season.
do you guys think that pep's gonna call botia back?

Home of Barca Fans