Dusan Vlahović

serghei

I'm a bit conflicted about the type of 9 to get. These big, strong 9 are for sure going to make us a more versatile side, but for possession and positional purposes, they are not the best fit, as height usually comes with a reaction-time, stamina, and mobility penalty. How good will a Vlahovic be at moving a lot and pressing a lot? Probably mediocre.

Think about Liverpool and City, teams that dominate the ball and attack a lot. Fodden, Gabriel Jesus, Jota, Firmino, as strikers. Not exactly strong players that dominate in the air or whatnot, but mobile forwards able to link up and play quick 1-2 touches football. And they press like crazy, and are super disciplined defensively, tracking, and covering passing lanes, and doing basically everything to act like another midfielder if needed.

I think I prefer a player like that, with a big 9 as plan B, much like our Luuk de Jong, or how Klopp uses Origi.

Last edited:

jamrock

I'm a bit conflicted about the type of 9 to get. These big, strong 9 are for sure going to make us a more versatile side, but for possession and positional purposes, they are not the best fit, as height usually comes with a reaction-time, stamina, and mobility penalty. How good will a Vlahovic be at moving a lot and pressing a lot? Probably mediocre.

Think about Liverpool and City, teams that dominate the ball and attack a lot. Fodden, Gabriel Jesus, Jota, Firmino, as strikers. Not exactly strong players that dominate in the air or whatnot, but mobile forwards able to link up and play quick 1-2 touches football. And they press like crazy, and are super disciplined defensively, tracking, and covering passing lanes, and doing basically everything to act like another midfielder if needed.

I think I prefer a player like that, with a big 9 as plan B, much like our Luuk de Jong, or how Klopp uses Origi.

That would have been fati for us if he could stay fit & had developed more over the past year & a half.

Now it looks iffy.

Morten

He looks like a good striker, but i wonder if Allegri-ball will let him down in the long-term though, it may get results, but its not exactly a very attacking-minded brand of football.

RF20

Banned
He looks like a good striker, but i wonder if Allegri-ball will let him down in the long-term though, it may get results, but its not exactly a very attacking-minded brand of football.

He looks like a very good striker. Once the team gels well don't think it will be a problem. Allegri will be sacked if the results don't come anyway.

Vlahovic seems well set to go on and becone a world class striker.

ajnotkeith

Vlahovic is a very smart player too. Having a frontline of 3 pressing goons can be good against weaker sides with bad ball control but against better sides you need the quality.

khaled_a_d

Why though??

Kane loves to drop deep a lot, and try to create a lot. Something that our current/new system avoids as we create through midfield and fullbacks.
Makes us more balanced and unpredictable IMO
Then you consider age and price too, doesn't seem like plausible deal for us

RF20

Banned
Kane loves to drop deep a lot, and try to create a lot. Something that our current/new system avoids as we create through midfield and fullbacks.
Makes us more balanced and unpredictable IMO

He's amazing in and around the box anyways.

Him dropping deep is largely because since Eriksen left Spurs don't have enough creativity

Home of Barca Fans