Eden Hazard

Adversus

Give me a reasonable explanation a player of his immense quality could play so poorly but magically turns it on with the Euros around the corner & a potential big money transfer on the cards.

He has been playing with an injury all season. He was given about 2 months off to get over it and has come back firing on all cylinders.

El Flaco

Hazard's goal vs. Tottenham (Leicester won the PL-title after it ended 2-2)

[gfy]TameNegligibleDikkops[/gfy]

[tw]727237451476025345[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Beautiful goal.

He is a much much better dribbler than De Bruyne for sure. But dribbling is not everything in football. Plus, De Bruyne had been more consistent than Hazard.

Let's wait and see.

Mitchell1978

Like this he is one of the best dribblers in the world, that doesn't make him better then De Bruyne whose output, consistency are just much better right now.

Yannik

https://streamable.com/m9h6

Where are the people who told me De Bruyne's better when both are fully fit and in form? Only like 3 players in the World can do this.

Here are the people, and they are still disagreeing with that. Noone doubted Hazards dribbling, people doubt Hazards season performance. 35 games nothing, 3 games good, it's not like a nice dribbling goal is somehow changing that. If he puts in consistency in his performances next season again and plays like that, then we can discuss De Bruyne vs Hazard again, but for now it's not really a thing.

Like this he is one of the best dribblers in the world, that doesn't make him better then De Bruyne whose output, consistency are just much better right now.

You need to watch the entire game. He played centrally and put in a masterclass in passing & ball retention. Completely took apart one of the best pressing teams in Europe. The sort of game Leo & Andres would be proud of.

De Bruyne is a fantastic player but he's a tier below Hazard at his best for me. You guys bring up consistency like Hazard wasn't in the ToTY every single season up until this one.

Yannik

You need to watch the entire game. He played centrally and put in a masterclass in passing & ball retention. Completely took apart one of the best pressing teams in Europe. The sort of game Leo & Andres would be proud of.

De Bruyne is a fantastic player but he's a tier below Hazard at his best for me. You guys bring up consistency like Hazard wasn't in the ToTY every single season up until this one.

Tier below at his best ≠ Tier below. If both peak I may even take Hazard, but when Hazard only peaks when the season is over, than I'd probably ask for a product guarantee on that one. Hazard has ability, but if he doesn't show it for the most time, then there's no point behind it. Yes, he was good the previous seasons, but this season Chelsea could practically have played with 10 men. A lot of players are in some departments "gifted". Ben Arfa, Draxler, Isco, Bojan, even Marko fucking Marin, but you have to show that whenever your coach wants it and if you can't then you can hardly be considered a better player than someone else, who HAS shown it consistently.

J

Jamie Cal

How can you put stock in that performance lmao. Chelsea have nothing to play for and Liverpool are obviously looking at their final, and probably don't want to be in Europa next year anyway. These performances are worth precious little. Probably preparing himself for the shop window.

How can you put stock in that performance lmao. Chelsea have nothing to play for and Liverpool are obviously looking at their final, and probably don't want to be in Europa next year anyway. These performances are worth precious little. Probably preparing himself for the shop window.

Except he also destroyed Tottenham in 45 minutes. He's been the best player by far in the League since his return from injury but okay he's just a glorified Bojan.

J

Jamie Cal

Except he also destroyed Tottenham in 45 minutes. He's been the best player by far in the League since his return from injury but okay he's just a glorified Bojan.

never said that. Like everyone here has said to you, he's undoubtedly a brilliant technician and dribbler, he always has that. And again, what did Chelsea really have to play for against Spurs? A good performance in a game where only personal pride and insults at stake.

That said, both goals are brilliant and that's something he needs to do more often. Didn't even score that many last season in a Chelsea team miles ahead of the rest.

Why do you need to diss Bojan?

Also, Tottenham capitulated in that time. They destroyed themselves. And the reason for that was not Hazard.

Galning

In my lifetime I haven't seen a top player flop so hard for an entire season. Torres, Falcao etc. all got injuries but Hazard just decided to take a year off and it looks like he'll be back for the euros/next season :lol: so weird.

Adversus

In my lifetime I haven't seen a top player flop so hard for an entire season. Torres, Falcao etc. all got injuries but Hazard just decided to take a year off and it looks like he'll be back for the euros/next season :lol: so weird.

He was injured. Mourinho just insisted on playing him because he didn't have the players to replace him with.

Typical Jose. Winning is everything. Just like Costa the year before.

Home of Barca Fans