Eden Hazard

El Gato

Villarato!
If Chelsea make the champions league I would just keep him and let him walk for free after his contract was up. Without him they pose no real threat and can’t buy anyone to replace him. They are fucked:

Why would you bother keeping him for 1 season of CL and make a loss? 80-100M is 80-100M.

serghei

I hope Madrid don't get him. Only comforting thought is that he looks more like a Barca player, not the athletic beast that is known to shine at Madrid. Sort of like Isco.

Very different from the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

Andresito

Staff member
He will for sure improve Madrid, by a lot. Just look at what a noob like Vinicius did. Centre of every attack with lots of goal scoring chances.

Hazard will definitely score more than he's had at Chelsea simply because he'll get more chances.

El Gato

Villarato!
Because if I’m Roman Abramovich I have fuck you money and this could be the last time my team is guaranteed to be in the champions league?

Roman doesn't have tonnes of money to invest endlessly, nor is it certain if it is to continue after Brexit. Has been on FFP watchlist for a while.

Jenks

Why would you bother keeping him for 1 season of CL and make a loss? 80-100M is 80-100M.

Because there's more money available than talent. If Chelsea keep him then Real will strengthen with someone else and might not need him the season after.

wisconsincule

Roman doesn't have tonnes of money to invest endlessly, nor is it certain if it is to continue after Brexit. Has been on FFP watchlist for a while.

He doesn’t have tons of money?!? Googling him he’s “worth” 13 billion US Dollars. Who knows how many more billions hidden in off shore accounts and in Russia.

I stand firm that if they make the champions league next year I could see them keeping him and taking the inevitable L if he leaves for free.

Arizona Scott

He's 28 and the last time he scored more than 20 goals in a season was when he was back at Lille. I don't think he's the great investment that people might imagine him to be. If I were Real Madrid I wouldn't want to spend over 100m on him either.

Right. He is no Neymar replacement. I am happier we have Dembele moving forward than Hazard.

I'm glad Madrid will be getting him after his peak, he looks like the type of guy to take care of himself though, so he will probably be at this level for few more years at least.

But he also is a fast twitch player. He is the kind of player when he losing 1/3 step will be very ordinary.

El Gato

Villarato!
He doesn’t have tons of money?!? Googling him he’s “worth” 13 billion US Dollars. Who knows how many more billions hidden in off shore accounts and in Russia.

I stand firm that if they make the champions league next year I could see them keeping him and taking the inevitable L if he leaves for free.

Not what I said man. I said he can't invest in the club endlessly. Nor does he necessarily seem to want to.

Again, why would they take the L without any redeeming quality?

Morten

I think he is easily worth around 100 millions in todays market,even with a year left his contract.
Coutinho, the flop, costed way more than that, so we cant do worse than Barca.

Newcomer

Not what I said man. I said he can't invest in the club endlessly. Nor does he necessarily seem to want to.

Again, why would they take the L without any redeeming quality?

True.
Abramovic can't even rule his club "directly" due to the turmoil between Russia and UK. He is not investing his money either. They say that the money he invested was written as a loan to Chelsea. So Chelsea owe him 1 billion.
As a matter of fact, Chelsea has developped this "farm" structure where they hoard players and send them in loan before they make a profit when they sell them.
If Hazard doesn't renew, he is definitely off. And it would be a very good transfer for Real Madrid : a "special" player for a reasonable cost. The only downside with Hazard is he doesn't have as much as goals in him than other players with his flair and talent.

El Gato

Villarato!
True.
Abramovic can't even rule his club "directly" due to the turmoil between Russia and UK. He is not investing his money either. They say that the money he invested was written as a loan to Chelsea. So Chelsea owe him 1 billion.
As a matter of fact, Chelsea has developped this "farm" structure where they hoard players and send them in loan before they make a profit when they sell them.
If Hazard doesn't renew, he is definitely off. And it would be a very good transfer for Real Madrid : a "special" player for a reasonable cost. The only downside with Hazard is he doesn't have as much as goals in him than other players with his flair and talent.

Yea, but Madrid wouldn't be getting him for goals, more so the marketability combined with a regular Vinicius factor. This club needs a dribbler like fish needs water. The biggest short-term benefit would be to get the crowd back onto the stadium, which is difficult to do without any new guys.

I don't know why the Brexit argument and the tensions with Russians are being ignored by some altogether. I believe there were pretty serious speculations that Roman would be forced to sell the club after UK expelled Russian diplomats and that he seems disinterested in it anyway. Man had to apply for Israeli citizenship just to get into the country, is still being investigated and cannot work. Now they've equally been handed a ban so cannot bring in a replacement, but at the very least they could throw some money into a good contract for CHO until politics settle down.

Mitchell1978

Hazard won't renew according to the Belgian press, if he doesn't go to Real he will go somewhere else, possibly for free next summer.

From what i read Chelsea is available for 3 billion euro's btw, Abramovitsj also has put the stadium plans on hold.

Morten

He is not the greatest goalscorer around, we all know that, so a striker is still needed, but Hazard is obviosuly a great all-round player who could serve us very well for a few years.

Other than not scoring tons of goals, i dont think its true that he is not a consistent player, he has been one of the top players in the league for years now, he had a single bad season under Mou and thats all, his consistency looks to be alright in my book.

Home of Barca Fans