Eden Hazard

Morten

They are mostly pretty good players for their clubs, so it's not like they can't play together as a team. That comes down to how the coach wants them to play. What does he tell them to do? "Get on the field and do whatever you want boys, I trust ya!" ???

Works pretty well for Barca, most of the time :lucho:

Mitchell1978

Wilmots has to go, already after the world cup some players were complaining about the training sessions and the tactics (are lack off) by the coach. And yes Hazard should do better in the NT.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Extremely well-made video for an extremely good dribbler. He is unique in world football right now. Some beautiful sequences here:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Hazard is one of the few players that could come close to Messi IF he started scoring more. Hazard is such an incredible and dangerous player he just lacks finishing which seperates him from the real big boys.

red dragon2

Hazard is one of the few players that could come close to Messi IF he started scoring more. Hazard is such an incredible and dangerous player he just lacks finishing which seperates him from the real big boys.

his technique and contribution to build up play is immense. As a dribbler who is better? Messi, maybe Robben and Iniesta. What puts neymar imo ahead of hazard is neymar's killer mentality, he is a winner. Hazard I get the impression lacks the edge, the competitive nature players like neymar and suarez have. In terms of talent Hazard is better than Neymar (imo) but he needs to be challenged more.

If he does, he will win the ballon d'or.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

You're really underrating the beast that is Messi.

Even Hazard with finishing wouldn't be anywhere close to Messi. People say that because Hazard's dribbling style is very similar to Leo's, but Leo is a different beast altogether. Messi's name was being mentioned among the very best in Football History when he was younger than Hazard is right now.

That's not to say Hazard is not World Class and a wonderful player, but Messi is among the best in history of this sport and Hazard don't have what it takes to get close to that level. I'm not sure if any current young player does.

Jombi

Yeah, Hazard of course can never come close to Messi.

Messi came 2nd in the FIFA world player of the year as a 20 year old. And has dominated the game ever since. Hazard can never reach the level of Iniesta and Xavi either in terms of all time greatness IMO.

That being said, he is a great player. Although stuff like this is worrying:

“Eden is technically gifted and very fast. He will be a major star in the future. I would take him to Real Madrid with my eyes closed."

-Zinedine Zidane on the 19 year old Eden Hazard, August 2010.

We really need to up our game when it comes to scouting. We haven't unearthed a gem in ages.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
his technique and contribution to build up play is immense. As a dribbler who is better? Messi, maybe Robben and Iniesta. What puts neymar imo ahead of hazard is neymar's killer mentality, he is a winner. Hazard I get the impression lacks the edge, the competitive nature players like neymar and suarez have. In terms of talent Hazard is better than Neymar (imo) but he needs to be challenged more.

If he does, he will win the ballon d'or.
I agree with this tbh. I think Hazard is a superior footballer in many ways over Neymar but he needs to score more and have that killer instinct. A player can be less talented as a whole but still end up the more successfull and seemingly better footballer if he can do it when it matters. I mean Neymar can play like shit but then still score those 2 goals that will win you the match(Bayern 2nd leg)... if Hazard plays shit he won't really do much overall, he's not that clutch(he is but not Neymar level clutch). Although, Hazard has far worse backup as well, other teams know they can focus mostly on him because Willian and Oscar aren't going to set the world alight with their performances. We need somebody to share the burden with Hazard.

K

kingleo1

he doesnt lack finishing, he just simply doesnt shoot enough, he prefers to pass the ball then shoot, he just needs to become more selfish and obbsessed with scoring goals then the goals wiill come, nothing wrong with his finishing.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
His finishing is good but not the level of Messi. I think if he was more greedy he could very easily get over 30 goals but I don't think 50-60.

james baldwin

Hazard will eventually win the ballon d'or if he moved to Spain. I'm not convinced he can do it in England and especially playing for a defensive minded manager like Mourinho. Mourinho in the big matches will park the bus and inhibit Hazard from showing his true ability.

As for being more selfish and shooting more. Case in point, Hazard could easily have reached the round number of 20 this season, and 100 in his club career if he took his penalty vs Sunderland in Chelsea's last game of the season but instead he gave it to Diego Costa to take. The guy just doesn't seem to give to much of a shit about it.

Besides, i'm not sure what the obsession is about scoring 50 goals. The likes of Zidane, Laudrup, Ronaldinho and Iniesta never scored even 30+ goals a season, yet they were the best of their era.

james baldwin

And on another note, Hazard had the better season than Neymar (who was great in his own right). I know, this is a barca forum and some will be up in arms, but the fact is Neymar plays next to Suarez and Lionel MESSI, who gift-wraps majority of his goals for him. How many easy goals did Neymar score off of Messi's hardwork? He won't even be half the player for Barca without Messi in that team. If both players swapped teams, I think the difference in quality will be much clearer.

Home of Barca Fans