Edinson Cavani

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Cavani has rly dropped off the face of the earth but it's not his fault.
He was a top class young striker and psg put him on the wing to accommodate ibra, they ruined the poor guy.

FC B

There were on barcaforum quite a few fierce advocates for Cavani comming at Barca even instead of Suarez at the time :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How some can still consider him a world class player is beyond me...

A Cavani that doesn't finish worse than Bendtner is a World Class player. He got everything in his arsenal, except......being able to finish ofc.

khaled_a_d

Cavani has rly dropped off the face of the earth but it's not his fault.
He was a top class young striker and psg put him on the wing to accommodate ibra, they ruined the poor guy.

May be ,but does playing on the wing ruin your a player ability to finish? it is one of his major problem there and it is on him tbh

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
May be ,but does playing on the wing ruin your a player ability to finish? it is one of his major problem there and it is on him tbh

I'm saying that because it's obviously a confidence problem that was created because he was forced to change his role. Not everyone is like messi who can play 4-5 positions without breaking a sweat.
You guys having witnessed how important confidence is for a footballer with sergi roberto's case should be more understanding to poor cavani.

you do know he failed every time he played CF iirc ?

Cavani is a part of why PSG is so drilled in midfield but what does it matter if neither he or Ibra (also a major contribution in midfield) cannot finish.

Unless Cavani has a hail mary or something, PSG will have to sign two new forwards this summer and their whole gameplay might take a long time to adjust though I'm convinced it's necessary. Then again if Rooney scores he can too.

EdmondDantes

He actually had a good season, didn't he score 30 odd goals in 14/15? His problem is he can't stop missing sitters when the going gets tough, and he doesn't play as well with Ibrah alongside him.

Nah even then Cavani was under constant criticism. His is usually immense in the air and works his ass off in defense but he was useless in most big games and still botched numerous easy chances left and right.

I personally like his style of play, if he was better in front of goal he'd be pretty terrifying.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

He may be gone come summer. Apparently he's into it again with Blanc about the formation, but Blanc has told him he isn't good enough to force a formation change. He's played Lucas over him since coming back from the winter break as a result.

I wouldn't mind selling Cavani and bringing in Lacazette or some other talented winger/ST.

El Flaco

Cavani's miss vs. Venezuela

[gfy]GreedyGregariousLamprey[/gfy]

[gfy]AcidicHastyConure[/gfy]

That was Uruguay's best chance until the final whistle and thus went out from Copa América Centenario

Home of Barca Fans