El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
04:07-04:09, what a joke for people to actually complain about this situation, and no I don't try to stir things up, it's all there right before your eyes.
Yet you keep repeating yourself over and over again. Do not become the Blanco Dalitis.

Plus from another camera angle (the front one here) you can surely also see the arm 'hits him'? Carvalho's reaction at the incident is as much theater as Messi's milking. It's right there before your eyes as well, you know.

Both a yellow. Simple.

El Gato

Villarato!
Maybe I am, I just can't get over the fact that some people are talking about a red card in this case just because the Divine One milked it.

End of.

@down
Exactly what I meant. Screw Jordzi etc.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I'll decide myself when I end. And certainly not when there is nonsense as an ending.

Red cards don't work like that. Messi milking it is a separate thing from Carvalho's behaviour. You cannot use Messi's milking as an excuse for Carvalho's arm movement. Carvalho raises his arm in an abrupt way, hitting Messi in the face. That's enough to get a red card, Messi doesn't even have to milk it. Carvalho's mistake, you don't hit anyone in the face on a football field, even if it is with a soft part of your arm. So yes, Carvalho deserved a punishment.

But not a red. I know refs determine malicious elbows when the offender makes a fist of his hand while performing the elbow. Not the case here. And this is just not enough for a red card. But it was a yellow, you cannot do this on a football field, you cannot hit someone in the face like that. Certainly not after provoking someone for diving when you just tackled him, you need to keep your cool then, which he didn't here. And surely a yellow for both cause they were searching eachother around that time, also not good on a football field.

Remember Villa in his second game at the WC? Some player was standing on his foot and he touched the guys face because he lost his cool. Should have been a red, regardless of the other player milked it (he didn't to be clear). He did the same versus Athletic, touching someone in the face (cause he was annoyed in a duel) and got a red. Again regardless of the player milking it. Though this was surely a red given it was more of a fist. But the first one is quite alike for me, annoyed by another player and just making a statement of "let me go" without intent to hurt the player ... but you are not allowed to do that. If you do, just don't do it in the face and don't lose your cool.

See, all of the above without connecting to Messi milking it.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
I can't help but agree with Gnegneri... while Carvalho's arm wasn't enough to warrant a red, I cannot believe that he did not know what he was doing there. You can't say Carvalho did nothing, and his reaction towards Messi after the tackle was unnecessary in the first place. So yes, a yellow sounds right.

Messi also deserved the yellow for that piece of theatre after that slight contact with Carvalho's arm.

V

Valon

I can't help but agree with Gnegneri... while Carvalho's arm wasn't enough to warrant a red, I cannot believe that he did not know what he was doing there. You can't say Carvalho did nothing, and his reaction towards Messi after the tackle was unnecessary in the first place. So yes, a yellow sounds right.

Messi also deserved the yellow for that piece of theatre after that slight contact with Carvalho's arm.

First ever post that I'm agreeing with you. The world is going to end.

gingerless

:lol:

Fantastic video showing the atmosphere before the game, goals and reactions from players/crowd, reactions after the match, and peculiar little things from Monday night. Watch it.

i love you

also carvalho was quite angry toward messi that game idk why he also did this which was unnecessary

XaviMessiGirl

Fantastic video showing the atmosphere before the game, goals and reactions from players/crowd, reactions after the match, and peculiar little things from Monday night. Watch it.

That video is great :cry:

Love the music too

thanks man. i found the links to download, but do you know of anywhere that i can actually just stream it online?

ATDHE.net has a permanent stream right now I believe

Home of Barca Fans