EL: Manchester United - FC Barcelona (4-3)

Barcilliant

THIS is the REAL test.
Utd are doing well in the EPL so this tie will give us a good idea where we are in Europe.
Ten Hag is a better, more experienced manager than Xavi by far. Don't count out the psychological factor either. Even 8f we are up by 2 or 3 goals the tie is not over.
Utd will go through and we will have to bear with their insufferable fans gloating unfortunately.

PhilS

Good test. I don't think Man U matches up well vs. Barca. They do not handle the ball well enough to deal with the Barca press. Arsenal or Man City would have been tougher.

Man U can score, so I doubt this will be a clean sheet.

Birdy

UTD are deadly in transition, even now under ETH when they have improved so much on the ball
This is a test we have never faced in the shitty quality of LL

We all want to go through, and go all the way to win the damn thing.
But don't get your hopes high just yet, stay humble until the game

wisconsincule

Excited for this one. United and Barca both on the up and in good form.

Too bad it’s not on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Next year.

JohnN

Gonna stay quiet until the game. I am not sure our LL form can easily be replicated against a PL opponent. One thing is sure, Lewa needs to step up this game and score his chances.

Kul_z

So far this season they have won against city, arsenal, liverpool, tottenham draw with chelsea.
Id say its better to look on their results since cr7 departure, and they have win against city and they have lost against arsenal in stoppage time. I didnt watch them at all but some folks say that eth is doing a decent job. It should be a great game, and i think maybe they are slightly favourites because of the return leg and eth.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
?
3h
Xavi plans to use Araujo as the 'Anti-Rashford' in the clash against Man United, to mark him personally all game, as he did with Vinicius. This does not mean that Araujo will be the right-back, as Rashford can be deployed in some other position.

@fansjavimiguel

OK,
I don't know how to feel about it.
On the one hand, he is our best defender and beast in man-marking, so it makes sense to deploy him so as to nullify their best player
On the other hand, Araujo being dragged all over the pitch following Rashford might destabilize our shape completely and open up spaces everywhere for others

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
?
3h
Xavi plans to use Araujo as the 'Anti-Rashford' in the clash against Man United, to mark him personally all game, as he did with Vinicius. This does not mean that Araujo will be the right-back, as Rashford can be deployed in some other position.

@fansjavimiguel

OK,
I don't know how to feel about it.
On the one hand, he is our best defender and beast in man-marking, so it makes sense to deploy him so as to nullify their best player
On the other hand, Araujo being dragged all over the pitch following Rashford might destabilize our shape completely and open up spaces everywhere for others

It doesn't mean he's going to start playing LB if Rashford is played on the right.

Rashford will play LW anyway.

JamDav1982

Rashford could start at CF with Weghorst in a two or sole CF with Garnacho on left.

Wouldnt say he will def play LW at least not whole game.

Home of Barca Fans