EL: Manchester United - FC Barcelona (4-3)

JamDav1982

Never has there been someone with so little clue that makes bad take after bad take based on 'statistics' than Birdy.

All undeprinned with an arrogance as if has a single clue.

Temptation

FpAA6YTWIAAVGOW

Opta ranking for all teams in Europe right now (Feb. 15th 2023)

What is this based on?

Cumulative power rankings continuing from before this season?

If it's just this season, then we are hardly in the top 5 PL teams. We have played like utter clowns. Embarassing display by the lads and Klopp. I still think we'll win the CL though.

Since Napoli is so high I assume it's this season. In that Arsenal should be higher too.

All in all, the list looks dodgy af.

Temptation

Underlying metrics are far more accurate in showing how good a team is than its results or position

Mate, I am an LFC fan but even I'm not sure how we're in the top 5 based on any underlying metrics given how shite we have been this season.

Are we a top 5 team in the world? Ofcourse we're a top 3 team in the world easily. One bad season doesn't change everything. But for this season we have been rubbish to say the least.

Mind you, I still think we'll fluke the CL this season and surprise everyone. Just got a feeling. BTW if we win another UCL we're objectively a top 3 Football Club of All Time (Currently I have Barca SLIGHTLY ahead of Liverpool because of their immense recent success and our long barren spell in the last generation; Real and Bayern are top 2 obviously).

Last edited:

Zidane82

Mate, I am an LFC fan but even I'm not sure how we're in the top 5 based on any underlying metrics given how shite we have been this season.

Are we a top 5 team in the world? Ofcourse we're a top 3 team in the world easily. One bad season doesn't change everything. But for this season we have been rubbish to say the least.

Mind you, I still think we'll fluke the CL this season and surprise everyone. Just got a feeling. BTW if we win another UCL we're objectively a top 3 Football Club of All Time (Currently I have Barca SLIGHTLY ahead of Liverpool because of their immense recent success and our long barren spell in the last generation; Real and Bayern are top 2 obviously).

The last time you won the CL was in a disappointing league season I think ?

Temptation

The last time you won the CL was in a disappointing league season I think ?

In 18/19 we were the GOAT 2nd place finishers in any league ever. The greatest runners-up you'll ever see.

Still can't believe we got fucking 97 points with 1 defeat all season and lost the PL. Maybe City get stripped off their title and we get it(the scumbags would deserve it).

It was bitterly disappointing because of the way we lost it but we were unbelievably good that season.

Temptation

Off Topic but just thinking of those seasons- makes me so nostalgic and gives me goosebumps. The position called Centre Back peaked with Virgil Van Dijk in those seasons.

People here won't like it but you honestly had to see it, experience the magic to know it. Peak Virgil Van Dijk is probably the greatest and most complete and flawless CB I have ever seen. You had to watch his games to believe it. More influential than World Class Attackers in an era where Forwards dominate the sport.

Goosebumps.

ajnotkeith

Man U missing : Martial, Van de Beek, Antony, Eriksen, Sabitzer, McTominay, Lisandro

At home as well... Should be a good chance to win with a couple goals and go to England with the tie almost in the bag.

Birdy

What is this based on?

Cumulative power rankings continuing from before this season?

If it's just this season, then we are hardly in the top 5 PL teams. We have played like utter clowns. Embarassing display by the lads and Klopp. I still think we'll win the CL though.

Since Napoli is so high I assume it's this season. In that Arsenal should be higher too.

All in all, the list looks dodgy af.

They use a sophisticated Elo-based rating system to give its team an 'ability score' from 0 to 100.
Read here how it's calculated

In before the usual clownery pets of this platform pop up to churn out their commonsensical nonsense that only results matter...

KingLeo10

Yes, OptaBirdy is the visionary genius here while the rest of us who rank teams based on results are the deluded ones :lol:

jamrock

3rd place team in the best league in the universe Vs some team for east of Spain, should be a easy win.

Let's goooo.

Horatio

You're welcome
People been questioning my loyalty, but I am cule through and through. Hyped about the game. We have home advantage. Let public get behind the team and play some nice football.

Porque

They use a sophisticated Elo-based rating system to give its team an 'ability score' from 0 to 100.
Read here how it's calculated

In before the usual clownery pets of this platform pop up to churn out their commonsensical nonsense that only results matter...

The Super League will use an Elo-based rating system for positions and not points ranking.

Home of Barca Fans