Emerson

Birdy

Nico is not pacey enough, and does not burst forward with the ball.
We need someone who can excell in ball carrying, and especially progressive ball carrying while being a monster at running in transitions and defending

I think the best options on the market for this profile are Carmavinga and Renato Sanchez, both priced at 30-35m

JamDav1982

Barca are not going to play a lone DM that is there to burst forward with ball.

That would be lunacy.

If expecting him to cover for Busquets cant expect that.

mc_lovin

Nico is not pacey enough, and does not burst forward with the ball.
We need someone who can excell in ball carrying, and especially progressive ball carrying while being a monster at running in transitions and defending

I think the best options on the market for this profile are Carmavinga and Renato Sanchez, both priced at 30-35m

I think we need a more stationary DM who can dominate the space in front of the defense (like prime Busquets). Frenkie needs an anchor.

Messi983

If we keep him his value will drop in a matter of time thanks to performances like the one yesterday.

Better take 25+5 now than 3+1 in a loan deal next year.

Mingueza+Dest is good enough so please no Bellerin.

It was one game where we've changed 3 out of 4 defenders and a GK in comparision to last game so there was no chemistry between them. It was also his first start so he was a bit nervous. I'll take two years of solid consistent performances for Betis over one poor game. He would instantly become our 2nd best defender alongside Araujo if given a chance and we could solidify right side of the defense for years to come. But we have absolutely zero patience with young players with "no Barca DNA" who are not great technically but can actually do well their primary job.

As said, it wouldn't surprise me if Roberto will again start in big games at RB this season and in a year or two we'll probably give up on Dest as well and be looking for a new RB.

I also really like his personality which will help him to have a great career. Sadly outside of Barca. But hey, at least we still have our choir boys and big captains.

ajnotkeith

We enter 30m for the sales of Moriba and Emerson, for which we can use 7.5m for signings, so it is unlikely we will sign anyone. It will probably be used for the renewals of Ansu and Pedri who PSG are both interested in.

Birdy

I think we need a more stationary DM who can dominate the space in front of the defense (like prime Busquets). Frenkie needs an anchor.

I don't think that's true at all.
We played the best football last season with Frenkie at libero, and with no DM anchor.
That idea that we need an anchor like Busi has led to all problematic formations and malfunctional md we have been watching lately

I don't wanna make this a Busi issue again, but as I have explained in length he was not needed in the Bilbao game for instance.
Give the team Frenkie and another CM that can make progressive carries under pressure, and the whole Bilbao causing suffocation problem would have been gone in an instant

ajnotkeith

We played the best football last season with Frenkie at libero, and with no DM anchor.
That idea that we need an anchor like Busi has led to all problematic formations and malfunctional md we have been watching lately

I don't wanna make this a Busi issue again, but as I have explained in length he was not needed in the Bilbao game for instance.
Give the team Frenkie and another CM that can make progressive carries under pressure, and the whole Bilbao causing suffocation problem would have been gone in an instant
The problem with slow big DMs is they get bypassed on attacks really easily and don't protect the defense at all when the ball is lost.

jairzinho

After a measly 3 games and 1 start, he's deemed not good enough by our resident experts. Incredible!. But anyway, it's still a W for everyone involved. Emerson gets a pay raise, we get some cash to help our dire cause. FC Broke.

mc_lovin

The problem with Busquets is that he's way past his prime. I don't think his style would be a problem if he could cover the same space as back then (he wasn't called octopus for nothing).

Having two box to box midfielders+Pedri doesn't sound very good to me. Neither does playing Frenkie as a libero or defensive midfielder (the more I see of him).

Home of Barca Fans