Emerson

vuji_31

Bring just someone fast, so he can get through ball in second half when our veterans and Koeman starts to play rondo and opponent is pressing and we can't do shit because we don't have focal point on number 9 (Lukaku,Lewa,Haaland etc.) and any fast winger that is madly fast as Adama,Mbappe,Mane or Salah.

If we got Giroud and Diaby/Saar or any fast not wc winger we would have much better attack for nothing.

Birdy

The problem with Busquets is that he's way past his prime. I don't think his style would be a problem if he could cover the same space as back then (he wasn't called octopus for nothing).

Having two box to box midfielders+Pedri doesn't sound very good to me. Neither does playing Frenkie as a libero or defensive midfielder (the more I see of him).

I think he was never able to cover ground quickly, but back then football was not based so much on intensity and pressing. Well, that's a big discussion...

I think a 4-2-3-1 could work great with the right personnel, it could not work last season with Busi as one of the CMs (and with other problems, like no wingers)
Frenkie at libero could also work wonders.
There are alternatives, and Koeman and Schreuder should be open to them instead of sticking with 4-3-3 with an anchor that is failing us atm

I don't think that Busi's traits are completely useless even now, but he is one of the main reasons (along with the slow CBs) that we can't compete atm against high intensity sides

mc_lovin

There are alternatives, and Koeman and Schreuder should be open to them instead of sticking with 4-3-3 with an anchor that is failing us atm

It's failing us, because we lack a decent replacement for Busquets. We are talking about a transfer though, I would rather take Guimaraes, who I think is more stationary, than someone like Camavinga or Sanchez (well, Camavinga seems like a good allrounder - not the biggest fan of another project player though). Or best case scenario Nico succeeds.

jairzinho

I think a 4-2-3-1 could work great with the right personnel, it could not work last season with Busi as one of the CMs (and with other problems, like no wingers)
Frenkie at libero could also work wonders.

4-2-3-1 isn't necessarily a bad idea but who would be your 2 'holding' midfielders?. If I had to choose right now it would be Frenkie with either Nico or Bob. But even then where would Pedri play? He isn't suited to be a CAM in a 4-2-3-1.

ajnotkeith

Still no here-we-go for Emerson. If Moriba and Emerson aren't completed by today, we may not even have time to finalise any deal if we actually are buying someone

ajnotkeith

Rumours that it's Mandzukic. God this is even worse than Barto. We sold Emerson and Moriba to pay for Mandzukic who couldn't make the bench in Qatar hahahahaha, we'll regret this

vuji_31

News says that he is offered to us but doubt we are so desperate for attacker that we would sign him.

Home of Barca Fans