Emerson

MTL_Barca

I mean if they sell Emerson for big bucks to help the finances fine, whatever but i can't take seeing another old bum, the mediocrity is already painful enough.

fergus90

Whilst Laporta did sign players past their peak in his first stint, some of that were actually very useful e.g. Davids & Larsson. Obviously there was a couple duds in Thuram (who did okay at first but was physically well past it) and Zambrotta but they were all still operating in and around Europe's best teams when they joined.

Mandzukic has been in the wilderness so it would be a very strange signing. Would have been a useful Plan B signing three years ago. But that is modern day Barcelona for you, getting players 3-4 years after they should have.

khaled_a_d

Whilst Laporta did sign players past their peak in his first stint, some of that were actually very useful e.g. Davids & Larsson. Obviously there was a couple duds in Thuram (who did okay at first but was physically well past it) and Zambrotta but they were all still operating in and around Europe's best teams when they joined..

Thuram & Zambrotta were good for the price that we paid for the, the later was signed when he was 29 and the best FB in the world and was generally very solid but at the end it wasn't good enough for the ambitions of the player and the club. Won't ever consider him a bad signing.
Thuram was good for a 4th CB, but injuries made him play more than he should.
Davis and Larsson were great

serghei

Some respected members here actually thinking Emerson could be a RB for us. Come on, really? With that technique? The man is a typical Montoya-type RB of extremely limited intelligence and unreliable technique.

Dest actually does some great things only to fuck up the end product. Yea he's mediocre defensively, but so is Emerson. If Dest gets his end product and the last pass in order, the man is our RB for sure. He's 20 years old ffs. You've gave up on him for this average dude Emerson?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

They are not the profile we lack.
Nico is the next Busi

Yeah, we wish.
Kid is a CM who is a less mobile Ballack (playing style wise) and it will be tough job for him to replace Busi.
A 28 or younger Busi solves half of current team problem, but he was a very unique player in general and we will need to move on from trying to replicate our legends. There is always great players but they are rarely similar to previous ones.

Bite their hand off for 25-30m. Our chance to finally fool someone like other teams duped us.

Everton has done us some favours before.

serghei

Yeah, we wish.
Kid is a CM who is a less mobile Ballack (playing style wise) and it will be tough job for him to replace Busi.
A 28 or younger Busi solves half of current team problem, but he was a very unique player in general and we will need to move on from trying to replicate our legends. There is always great players but they are rarely similar to previous ones.

Everton has done us some favours before.

I think they've been fairly content with what they got from us haven't they?

khaled_a_d

I think they've been fairly content with what they got from us haven't they?

I doubt they are content with what they paid for Mina, Digne was great for them and Gomes were solid.
Overall, all 3 were great deals for us, Spurs themselves might be content with Emerson who was one of Liga best fullbacks last season. Easy to write him off after 3 games tbh but kid has potential

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not a fan of selling him so quickly, especially given Real Betis get 20% of the transfer fee.

But if this helps improving the financial health of the club and enabling us to compete in the transfer market next summer or by 2023 then so be it I guess.

Just don't make a stupid last minute signing like Bellerin or Luuk de Jong.

Home of Barca Fans