Emerson

fergus90

Thuram & Zambrotta were good for the price that we paid for the, the later was signed when he was 29 and the best FB in the world and was generally very solid but at the end it wasn't good enough for the ambitions of the player and the club. Won't ever consider him a bad signing.
Thuram was good for a 4th CB, but injuries made him play more than he should.
Davis and Larsson were great

Yeah, I was a bit harsh calling Zambrotta a dud, he did serve his purpose and was solid. I guess we didn’t quite get that Juve version but still he did his job.

serghei

Just sign no one. I think Mingueza is a pretty similar profile with Emerson only better. Ok, I admit I haven't watched Emerson a lot, but his debut really made an impression.

And I happen to rate both the other 2 RBs, Dest and Mingueza. Especially Dest is worth investing time in. Emerson was not. The only way profiles like Emerson work well is if they have the pure defensive ability of someone like Abidal.

Last edited:

Neeraj

I think Emerson is shit, but it's nice to have another body to throw on instead of Dest when he's stinking up the place, which he often does.

Total-Football

Yeah, I was a bit harsh calling Zambrotta a dud, he did serve his purpose and was solid. I guess we didn’t quite get that Juve version but still he did his job.

Zambrotta was beyond terrible here.. It was a big mismatch. A fullback in laliga, especially Barcelona, should be offensive. Zambrotta came from Italy, juventus where he was mostly a balanced/defensive fullback. His performances here were bad.

Joan

Think Emerson has potential and could be useful for us even. He's got a list of fine physical qualities and makes great runs. Not much has come out of it, but if we finally started playing bit more direct, an actual defender who makes good runs wouldn't be too bad. Think he'll do well for Spurs.

And yes, Dest will never turn into a proper RB. I'd rather we sold that bum.

serghei

Bench Busi, get rid of Koeman, and bring in Xavi the midfield maestro teaching these players how the midfield is supposed to work. Then promote two out of Nico, Puig, and Gavi, and the team is starting to go into the direction I like.

And keep all the money to sign a proper superstar forward. Someone who you know from the start will bring you 30-40 goals a season at a minimum.

That's the road ahead. And just do something about the german.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This part will not happen under Laporta.
Thank God...

It will unless he finds someone else because Koeman is not going to continue past this season. He's not the man to build and lead a new project.

Birdy

It will unless he finds someone else because Koeman is not going to continue past this season. He's not the man to build and lead a new project.

Laporta does not want Xavi.
It was leaked everywhere this summer.
He thinks he does not have the experience to coach Barca.
Laporta is sane

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Would have liked to see a bit more of Emerson to evaluate his skills but you can't deny 30 Mil. for him.
The deal is not 100% through though. Spurs could pull out if they won't be able to get rid of Aurier or Doherty.

ajnotkeith

The journalists might have jumped the gun on this one. It's nearly the end of the day and nothing is actually agreed yet.

wisconsincule

I get we need money but I am pretty surprised we are selling after he literally just joined. I can’t remember the last time that has happened…?

Messi983

Arsenal had offered Bellerin + €10m for Emerson. Bar?a wanted €20m but Arsenal denied.— @gerardromero

They've spend 100m on overrated EPL CBs and GKs and then they lowball offer us for a great player like Emerson.

As much as I hate to see Emerson leaving better take the money than gift him to those Arse bums and taking another one of their busts back. We've had enough of them.

SmilerBam

Zambrotta was beyond terrible here.. It was a big mismatch. A fullback in laliga, especially Barcelona, should be offensive. Zambrotta came from Italy, juventus where he was mostly a balanced/defensive fullback. His performances here were bad.

Yeah, i remember being so hyped up when we took him from Juve...only to be do disappointed after only a few months. He was worldclass for Juve, but so shit for us.

Home of Barca Fans