Emerson

mc_lovin

That was fast lived :lol:

I would have liked us to keep him, but can absolutely understand the club on this. Good luck to him.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barcelona have to pay 20% of Emerson's fee (5 million euros) to Real Betis. [<a href="https://twitter.com/EduPolo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EduPolo</a>]</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1432758344096301058?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A joke?

Total-Football

Barcelona got the best of the whole situation.. Emerson sucks.. I give him 3 games before he rots at the bench.. And i hope I'm wrong because I m not a hater.. He is just a bang average, even for tottenham

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Least some people have brains on this. A lot of people on twitter are making him out to be the next Roberto Carlos and saying Laporta is smoking to sell him :lol: straight up profit for club in most debt in Europe and less wages to pay that's good long term. Wish Emerson the best but he's very average.

behindbrowneyes

I was glad when the club brought him back as some serious competition for Dest and a defensively more solid option. I'm not really impressed by Dest, but like Emerson is he is still very young and needs time to develop. I agree that players need time and if you believe in them you should at least give them a season. However, Emerson didn't make a great impression in pre-season and in the first 3 games (although gotta admit small sample size with little time) and this might have changed club's mind. Imo Mingueza is a solid back-up too and the club isn't really in a luxury situation where you have a rather expensive back-up that you could cash in on. Koeman and Alemany probably just didn't see a future as a longterm RB in him and in that case and club's current situation it was reasonable to take Tottenham's offer.

Of course the club could have sold him next summer too, but a lot can happen in a year. He could get injured seriously, lose value because of bad performances or the club just needs the money now. Let's say you want Haaland, you'll need the money once the buy-out becomes active and like seen this year the market starts rather slow and it often takes time until you receive solid offers. Everybody knew for months that Ilaix hasn't a future at the club, yet it took Leipzig until the last day to sign him as they lost Sabitzer to Bayern.

Neeraj

Emerson was terrible. Having said that, I just liked the fact that we had SOMEONE to put on instead of Dest, and give him 'competition', however poor that might be. Now it's going to be Dest who is complete trash in some games and alright in other games with no real body there. I guess you could say Mingueza, but this is like playing Sergi Roberto on RB all over again with Mingueza...He's just not a RB. He's been alright the few times he's been show horned there, but against any decent team it's asking for trouble.

JamDav1982

Roberto is a better RB than Emerson in last game and Dest the game before.

If Dest plays like that he can expect to lose that position to Roberto or Mingueza.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
E-JV0WdUUAYxHgB

E-JV08tUYAMSFCs

serghei

Nice of him. Wish him good luck at Tottenham. People may joke about them but they are a top team. They'd probably beat us currently.

Home of Barca Fans