Enzo Fernández

Porque

Benny flipped Darwin for 100m+ too.

Amazing how these Pork chop clubs can sell scout and sell for so much and LaLiga clubs, as Barca forum put it, in the mud.

malvolio

120m for a central/defensive midfielder... Not sure what he'll have to do to make it worth for Chelsea.

Xavi, Iniesta, Modric would probably all have been worth 120m if spent early in their careers.
We're talking multple CLs and PL's as a sure starter for up to 10 years. Think he's a brilliant player, but don't think he can reach those heights.

It won't depend only on him though. Xavi, as brilliant as he was, wasn't the kind of player that could drag a team to titles.

So unless they get someone special upfront(because right now they are just meh in attack, at most) this transfer will be same as Pogba back to Man Utd.

vegitot

120m for a central/defensive midfielder... Not sure what he'll have to do to make it worth for Chelsea.

Xavi, Iniesta, Modric would probably all have been worth 120m if spent early in their careers.
We're talking multple CLs and PL's as a sure starter for up to 10 years. Think he's a brilliant player, but don't think he can reach those heights.

Enzo wins World Cup, World Cup YPOTT, brilliant season so far for Benfica. He has much better CV than all Xavi, Iniesta, Modric when they were at his current ages.

1 - Enzo Fern?ndez is the top-ranked player in the Primeira Liga this season in the following passing categories:

Passes completed (1,446)
Progressive passes (105)
Successful switches of play (30)
Successful long passes (161)
Passes into final third (248)

Andresito

Staff member
Enzo wins World Cup, World Cup YPOTT, brilliant season so far for Benfica. He has much better CV than all Xavi, Iniesta, Modric when they were at his current ages.

1 - Enzo Fern?ndez is the top-ranked player in the Primeira Liga this season in the following passing categories:

Passes completed (1,446)
Progressive passes (105)
Successful switches of play (30)
Successful long passes (161)
Passes into final third (248)

You missed my point completely. What he does for Argentina or what he's done for Benfica benefits Chelsea 0. It's what he can bring to the them now or in the future for the money they spent.

Messi983

Was thinking about clubs POV.

I'm sure those contracts arent't fixed during the whole period. Surely there are some lojalty bonuses, increase of salary over the years and probably some clauses to renegotiate the contract.

I doubt agents would allow 'simple' contracts for their players if there wasn't some sort of benefit or a possibility to get out if even us laymen can spot the risks. Definitely a lot of more advanced stuff like certain clauses in that contract. Will probably come out sooner or later what the player can and can't do during the course of the contract.

I get your point and know contracts are much more complicated than just basic wages.

But if we stay with the Mudryk example.

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries

According to capology he's on 100k/week (not sure how reliable though).

Let's say he gets a 10% increase every year so (if my math is correct) until the end of his contract he'd still "only" get around 200k which is more than 100k less than Sterling is getting now for example. Would be underpaid if he turns into a top 5 winger in the world. We can only assume that players's wages will go up in future. I know UEFA plans more strict FFP rules (clubs will be only allowed to spend up to 70% of their revenues for transfers/wages in 3 or 4 years IIRC) but clubs incomes will also increase (EPL clubs especially).

I see that Enzo is on 315k and second best paid player in the team so yeah he's well set if that's true. Would sign 8 year contract on those wages as well. Could still negotiate even more in few years if signed a 5-year contract and if he turns into one of the best midfielders in the world though.

Also, good luck to Chelsea finding a buyer for Koulibaly.

Messi983

This transfer and Chelsea's whole last two transfer windows should be rated on their collective success rather than individual performances imo.

But question is where to set the bar. Is it enough if they win 2-3 EPL titles (they've won two in last decade) and 1-2 CL (they've won two in last 10 years as well) until 2030 when most of these new players contracts expire? If they do that and Enzo is a key player in all that success then I'd say his transfer was successful but would still be questionable if new owners would be happy with just that after how much they've invested in other players as well.

Benny flipped Darwin for 100m+ too.

Amazing how these Pork chop clubs can sell scout and sell for so much and LaLiga clubs, as Barca forum put it, in the mud.

Tru, they've made a 80m profit on him in 6 months even after paying River their 25%..

Argentinians are surely dancing now as well. Don't think they've expected to get additional 30m for Enzo that fast.

Last edited:

fergus90

If Argentina had got knocked out in the QF for example, he'd be half the price. He is a great promising young player but for that money teams expect game changers, a player who can do things out of nothing.

He's played 17 league games for Benfica, and they made 100 million profit on him :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
I get your point and know contracts are much more complicated than just basic wages.

But if we stay with the Mudryk example.

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries

According to capology he's on 100k/week (not sure how reliable though).

Let's say he gets a 10% increase every year so (if my math is correct) until the end of his contract he'd still "only" get around 200k which is more than 100k less than Sterling is getting now for example. Would be underpaid if he turns into a top 5 winger in the world. We can only assume that players's wages will go up in future. I know UEFA plans more strict FFP rules (clubs will be only allowed to spend up to 70% of their revenues for transfers/wages in 3 or 4 years IIRC) but clubs incomes will also increase (EPL clubs especially).

I see that Enzo is on 315k and second best paid player in the team so yeah he's well set if that's true. Would sign 8 year contract on those wages as well. Could still negotiate even more in few years if signed a 5-year contract and if he turns into one of the best midfielders in the world though.

Also, good luck to Chelsea finding a buyer for Koulibaly.

Also have the FM-clauses like bumping up the salary to a fixed number after a certain number of games. Or maybe even as straightforward as "after 5 years the salary will increase to 300k". Impossible to know at this point, but would think it's something like that.

And Enzo 375k lol. The guy really hit the jackpot. But at the same time I'm sure Chelsea expect a truckload of performances for that fee and that salary from him.

Messi983

Also have the FM-clauses like bumping up the salary to a fixed number after a certain number of games. Or maybe even as straightforward as "after 5 years the salary will increase to 300k". Impossible to know at this point, but would think it's something like that.

And Enzo 375k lol. The guy really hit the jackpot. But at the same time I'm sure Chelsea expect a truckload of performances for that fee and that salary from him.

Yeah, good old FM clauses. Always try to eliminate them when buying players. :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Chelsea is setting a new market. Barto way.

They will be in similar financial ruin as Barca was after Barto if this new owner ever leaves or loses his money.

Blackened

Premier league is the new super league. Even the bottom clubs can now outspend top La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga clubs.

Home of Barca Fans