Eric Abidal

dalitis8

Banned
He was brilliant against Milan, unless you're referring to the incident at the end when he conceded a corner. Blaming that goal on him is just :lol:

You are right that he played well in that game.

But that was a horrible mistake at the end, you have to admit that.

Barcafan 2304

I am sorry, but other than Abidal, it was not anything particularly wrong with our defense. It was Pep's formation.

You cannot go with 3-4-3 against Valencia at the Mestalla. Especially when your fitness is not up to scratch. First half we were like that stupid Milan game...no off-the-ball movement whatsoever.

Our defence has been dodgy this season and some of the personnel there have been poor but in saying that, i am in complete agreement with your point there. Pep needs to ditch this idea of 3 in big games cos it is a weakness. You can get away with it against the Osasuna's of this world but not against a quick and mobile unit like Valencia. he needs to see sense over this one

Barcafan 2304

Under the given circumstances (he could easily have given a throw-in, considering our shocking lack of height) in the final minute of such a game, it was quite horrible.

Agree with that to. Play it for a throw and the game would have most likely been over. Instead, despite our previous this season with corners, we were put under pressure and look what happened.

coolasif

Our defence has been dodgy this season and some of the personnel there have been poor but in saying that, i am in complete agreement with your point there. Pep needs to ditch this idea of 3 in big games cos it is a weakness. You can get away with it against the Osasuna's of this world but not against a quick and mobile unit like Valencia. he needs to see sense over this one

We must scrape 3-4-3 formation completely.Why should we experiment a formation which we cant use in big matches ???

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
As for Pep. He screwed up the formation.

Could he not see that our right flank was permanently exposed?

Just give a signal to Alves to return at RB.

I say God damn...

I don't think it would have been as disastrous if Piqué had been at CB. a big problem was Puyol was way too slow to get around on the cover, but still tried to do so and always ended up in no man's land helping nothing. so if Mathieu got by Mascherano, he basically had free-reign to cross. and in the middle, because Puyol had shifted, Abidal had 2 players to concern himself with.

definite tactical win for Emery tonight. Pep should have known that Puyi would be too slow on the cover and stuck with 433.

rmpcsl

He's actually adapting to play this formation and has no help on the goals Puyol went to the right and Busk/Keita are so slow.... helping.
Dani waits too long to get back to defense.
Plus to play with this formation we need CB like David Luiz or TSilva Puyol is slow too.

Barcafan 2304

I don't think it would have been as disastrous if Piqué had been at CB. a big problem was Puyol was way too slow to get around on the cover, but still tried to do so and always ended up in no man's land helping nothing. so if Mathieu got by Mascherano, he basically had free-reign to cross. and in the middle, because Puyol had shifted, Abidal had 2 players to concern himself with.

definite tactical win for Emery tonight. Pep should have known that Puyi would be too slow on the cover and stuck with 433.

Man, we need Pique back. Tell him to get to bed with a hot cup of cocoa instead of Shakira

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
We must scrape 3-4-3 formation completely.Why should we experiment a formation which we cant use in big matches ???

because it makes "small" matches much easier to handle.

and even then, we can use it for certain "big" matches.

for all the tactical problems today, Valencia's first goal came from a unprovoked individual error (the second was an error because of the tactics, but for the first he had no need to make that mistake).

Home of Barca Fans