Eric Abidal

E

estranged

Wasn't really his best game for us. And he really should've done better on closing down space for Madrid's goal-initiating move.

Closing down space? he sprinted towards Di Maria like a mad man as soon as VV messed up the pass, he was positioning himself so far to the corner of the pitch to open up passing options for VV, if you pay attention you notice that's what we always do, clear instructions from pep, when the opposition is pressuring you during goal kicks your RB and LB move to the extreme corners of the pitch to open it up and absorb the pressure by opening passing routes for the keeper. Unless you expect Abidal to be able to tell the future, then I don't know you you can blame anyone other than VV for that goal. I've been a critic of him recently but he had a good game IMO.

gingerless

Pique is the only defender at fault for that goal. He was covering the left post like an idiot (and keeping benzema onside while he's at it) instead of marking benzema

Pepe Silvia

I'm not gonna read posts before mine on this and just shoot from the heart.

Abidal was a fucking monster tonight. Sure he had some blunders, but in the beginning of this match ALL of our players looked like a steamy pile of shit (bar Messi). Abidal played like the champion pimp he is.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Eric Abidal is nominated for a Laureus Award for Comeback Athlete of the Year of 2011. The ceremony will be held on February 6th in London, England [mundo deportivo]

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Closing down space? he sprinted towards Di Maria like a mad man as soon as VV messed up the pass, he was positioning himself so far to the corner of the pitch to open up passing options for VV, if you pay attention you notice that's what we always do, clear instructions from pep, when the opposition is pressuring you during goal kicks your RB and LB move to the extreme corners of the pitch to open it up and absorb the pressure by opening passing routes for the keeper. Unless you expect Abidal to be able to tell the future, then I don't know you you can blame anyone other than VV for that goal. I've been a critic of him recently but he had a good game IMO.

After re-watching the game and paying a bit more attention to details (instead of being a nervous wreck), that indeed is very true. My mistake there. It's Pique who sort of screws it up in the end.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Rosell (president): "Abidal's renewal will be announced soon. We're just finalizing the last details because the tax regime has changed."

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Outlasts even the cantera kids
398px-Jeffren-Abidal-Bojan.jpg

"As a defender, my aim is to infuriate the opponent...I want him to be so sick of the sight of me that he has to move somewhere else on the pitch to get away."

A

ArsenalN5

Apparently Arsenal are interested in him, say Sky Sources...........

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD speculating that the likelihood of Abidal extending has shifted into the pessimistic mode...Could just be negotiating tactics through the club but apparently the tax implications are the holdup and the club is not willing to budge any further...Could this be it for Eric here?

Home of Barca Fans