24 - Eric García

behindbrowneyes

No rush. This season could be Araujo's big chance to prove himself.

This. There are 5 CBs in the squad and there is no need to buy him now since he is a free-agent in a year. Garcia can be Pique's successor but I don't see the ideal partner for Lenglet in him. Araujo and Lenglet should complement each other much better and I really hope he can prove himself this season.

vuji_31

Get him for free, and next year spend money wisley with new board.

We will not win anything so there is no point to buy.

Next year go crazy in market

FC433

^
pretty sure the board is willing to pay 20m for Garcia (they want to be the one who brought him back). Our first offer was 10m + 5m addons.

Raketa10

1. Broke

2. Holes all over the squad

3. Still spends almost 20m on a short CB because of the BaRcA ConnEcTiON

Garcia is 1.83 m while Puyol was 1.78 m so I really see no problem there. City bought Nathan Ake who is 1.80 m and they are after Kounde who is 1.84 m so I really don't understand why the hell is 1.83 m such a problem. FFS Sergio Ramos is 1.84!!! If he is fast and can jump 1.83 is more than enough. He would be playing for Barca, a team that usually has a big advantage in ball possession and not ATM.

Last edited:

Raketa10

If Umtiti stays, I see no point in his arrival.

No one sane can count on Umtiti. Our defense is horrible, Pique is almost 34 and Lenglet is bellow Barca level. Garcia is a talented kid, who should be here for many years to come and his price is acceptable. If he succeeds here this will be a great buy, if he doesn't we can sell. We definitely need one more CB so this is no brainer at all.

Last edited:

Messi983

We've had some good succes with "shorter" CBs

Marquez 184 cm
Umtiti 182
Puyol 178
Masche 174

Lenglet is not much taller at 186, the same as Upamecano who a lot of people here wants.

And don't forget Sergio Ramos is also "only" 184 cm.

I think if everything works out ok Araujo could be our "on paper" Pique's replacement as a taller CB (but also faster) while Garcia could be a ball-playing CB pushing Lenglet back into a role of a 3rd CB which he was initially brought for. I like Lenglet but I think we could upgrade on him. Have no idea how/if Araujo-Garcia CB partnership would work longterm and I'd still like us to bring another CB (young but with more top level experience than Araujo and Garcia have) over the next two years when Pique will hopefully be gone but Araujo+Garcia wouldn't be the worst start to our much needed rebuild of the backline.

This season is lost anyway results wise imo so at least what we could do is giving both of them (if Garcia is bought) enough minutes to develop and also play them together in easier games to see if they can potentially be our starting CBs in future. If not we'd only spend around 20m on both of them and one/both could be sold for profit (Araujo for sure and Garcia probably as well) and replaced with better players (or players who would fit us better).

Raketa10

We've had some good succes with "shorter" CBs

Marquez 184 cm
Umtiti 182
Puyol 178
Masche 174

Lenglet is not much taller at 186, the same as Upamecano who a lot of people here wants.

And don't forget Sergio Ramos is also "only" 184 cm.

I think if everything works out ok Araujo could be our "on paper" Pique's replacement as a taller CB (but also faster) while Garcia could be a ball-playing CB pushing Lenglet back into a role of a 3rd CB which he was initially brought for. I like Lenglet but I think we could upgrade on him. Have no idea how/if Araujo-Garcia CB partnership would work longterm and I'd still like us to bring another CB (young but with more top level experience than Araujo and Garcia have) over the next two years when Pique will hopefully be gone but Araujo+Garcia wouldn't be the worst start to our much needed rebuild of the backline.

This season is lost anyway results wise imo so at least what we could do is giving both of them (if Garcia is bought) enough minutes to develop and also play them together in easier games to see if they can potentially be our starting CBs in future. If not we'd only spend around 20m on both of them and one/both could be sold for profit (Araujo for sure and Garcia probably as well) and replaced with better players (or players who would fit us better).

This! As I said, considering our situation, Garcia at 18 mil is no brainer.

Home of Barca Fans