Ernesto Valverde - V1

JamDav1982

For a coach it's more important chances given up than goals conceded.

Who cares if Atletico concede more than Eibar or Getafe, what matters is that Oblak isn't forced to make 4 saves per game unlike De Gea. Which is why Simeone isn't worried about his team unlike Mourinho despite both teams having the best defensive record in their leagues.

Yes Barca have better attacking players but don't create better chances than Arsenal.

Finally you got there in the end.

No it isnt you are totally wrong again as you were in claiming Atletico are seen as one of the best as concede the least attempts at goal which is not the case as I showed you.

For a lot of coaches it is not the number of chances but the type of chances given up.

You have gone full circle in claiming teams that create the most chances have the best attacking players to those that score the most do so as have better attacking players...

Got there in end.

Arsenal dont create the better chances. You should look it up. All there in the stats. Or just lie it is up to you.

We have a better squad now.

Beginning of season Valverde asks for signings. Board provides. What does Valverde do? Play them sporadically. What a fucking joke.

Yup, can't even fault the board on this one. Paulinho (the one signing EV likes :lol:) was a bad signing but other than that they did their jobs this time.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

No it isnt you are totally wrong again as you were in claiming Atletico are seen as one of the best as concede the least attempts at goal which is not the case as I showed you.

For a lot of coaches it is not the number of chances but the type of chances given up.

You have gone full circle in claiming teams that create the most chances have the best attacking players to those that score the most do so as have better attacking players...

Got there in end.

Arsenal dont create the better chances. You should look it up. All there in the stats. Or just lie it is up to you.

Never claimed that.

I was just disputing your claim that goals conceded is the most important stat to describe the defensive quality of a team. Number of chances/type of chances given up is obviously the most important.

I don't know if Arsenal create better chances or worse chances than Barca since you refuse to show me those stats. All I know is that Arsenal create more but score less because Barca has the better attacking players.

JamDav1982

Never claimed that.

I was just disputing your claim that goals conceded is the most important stat to describe the defensive quality of a team. Number of chances/type of chances given up is obviously the most important.

I don't know if Arsenal create better chances or worse chances than Barca since you refuse to show me those stats. All I know is that Arsenal create more but score less because Barca has the better attacking players.

I said goals conceded are far better to look when judging which team is harder to score against and that includes GK and defensive players. It is much more accurate than 'shots conceded' which will say likes of Eibar in La Liga are better defensively in La Liga than Atletico.

Number of chances is not more important at all you really dont get it.

A team like Liverpool can concede from a one break or one set piece as set up poorly to defend that and be poorer defensively than likes of Burnley who give up twice as many shots but are more in control of managing where those come from.

By your argument the toughest to score against in La Liga should be Eibar and Getafe. My argument says it has been Atletico and Barca.

By your argument toughest team to score against in EPL is Man City and Liverpool. My argument says it has been Man City and Man Utd.

I do know Arsenal dont create better chances and nor does attempts on goal judge the better attacking players as you claimed originally.

My point is what I said above, Bayern or Real or City create more than us because they have better players in the final third.

Changed that in end though.

Barca have taken less attempts than Arsenal but scored a lot more as Barca have better attacking players.

Stoichkov1

I said goals conceded are far better to look when judging which team is harder to score against and that includes GK and defensive players. It is much more accurate than 'shots conceded' which will say likes of Eibar in La Liga are better defensively in La Liga than Atletico.

Number of chances is not more important at all you really dont get it.

A team like Liverpool can concede from a one break or one set piece as set up poorly to defend that and be poorer defensively than likes of Burnley who give up twice as many shots but are more in control of managing where those come from.

By your argument the toughest to score against in La Liga should be Eibar and Getafe. My argument says it has been Atletico and Barca.

By your argument toughest team to score against in EPL is Man City and Liverpool. My argument says it has been Man City and Man Utd.

I do know Arsenal dont create better chances and nor does attempts on goal judge the better attacking players as you claimed originally.

My point is what I said above, Bayern or Real or City create more than us because they have better players in the final third.

Changed that in end though.

Barca have taken less attempts than Arsenal but scored a lot more as Barca have better attacking players.

I clearly stated that the most important stat is number of shots conceded/type of goals conceded. I'm not dumb and I know that if a team tries to shoot from the midfield line the whole game they won't score even if they keep playing for a month.

By your argument Man Utd and Man City have the best defence because they conceded less goals than other teams. My argument says Man City have the best defence because they conceded the same number of goals and less shots on target/dangerous chances from the opponent than Man Utd.

I agree with your point that Barca have better attacking players than Arsenal, but I don't know if Barca create better or worse chances. Barca have better attacking players so it's expected they convert chances Arsenal players can't convert as they don't have the quality.

We don't need to have a million wins and zero losses in January. What we need is to not collapse afterwards.

Bring in someone, anyone who realizes that. This shit keeps happening over and over again and I'm sick of it. Burn ourselves out to get an OMG RECORD START in La Liga, then collapse in the business end of the season.

With the new signings that have come in, we should be better than we were in December, not worse. Squad was somewhat lacking in the beginning of the season with Dembele injured and Coutinho yet to come, but not any more. Only real hole (that should be) left when not taking depth into consideration is Rakitic's spot, and it's not like he's some scrub.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Valverde trying to chase a treble. Will probably end up empty handed like Tata.

The league and Cl should be prioritized. Fuck the Copa noone cares about it. Valverde has burnt out the players trying to chase everything.

Barcilliant

We don't need to have a million wins and zero losses in January. What we need is to not collapse afterwards.

Bring in someone, anyone who realizes that. This shit keeps happening over and over again and I'm sick of it. Burn ourselves out to get an OMG RECORD START in La Liga, then collapse in the business end of the season.

With the new signings that have come in, we should be better than we were in December, not worse. Squad was somewhat lacking in the beginning of the season with Dembele injured and Coutinho yet to come, but not any more.

Truth

xXKonan

The team we played vs Girona was great, it had Pace and good creativity to it. The great thing about it is that match was the best match we have played in a long while as well. First match that Coutinho and Dembele played as starters both who were a record signings, one was considered a Neymar replacement and the other one for our eventual Iniesta successor.

Then Valverde decides "you know what let's go back to the Work Horse XI!" the same fucking slow ass XI with very little creativity, and mostly the XI that we have been dogshit with for the past couple of months now.

You know what the differences were? Girona has played with an open style system all season and they're sitting great in 7th while Las Palmas a team that has been utter crap all season that conceded the most goals in the league and scored very little and are primed for Relegation.

This XI we put out today made this Las Palmas side look like an actual competent team. Fuck man if we had started the likes of Coutinho and Dembele at LM/RM when the game was entirely open in the first half we would have most likely won by a good decent amount.

I understand we need to rotate this game since the Big game vs Atletico is on Sunday, But Coutinho and Dembele need game time and this was a good time to play both of them off the bat since one Came in January who also can't play in the CL and the other just got back from a couple of bad injuries.

Today was just pure Cowardly. You sub in the likes of Paulinho and Vidal to wrap things up, you don't play them ahead of the 300 million euro signings we made who need the game time to adjust.

henias

If Valverde is still stuck on the same old-fashioned mindset on starting Vidal and Paulinho, I would say we wouln't win Atletico or Madrid and might possibly bottle a 10+ points lead.

Dembele isn't injured, Coutinho has already settled in quite nicely, so what excuse to start players like Vidal.

I would love to see his starting lineup again vs Atletico. If it's still his same workhorse XI, safe to say he's a pussy. Doubt we will win any Liga or CL in the next few years.

Also, Umtiti gave an injury scare. If he were to be really injured, we dont have any backup except Pique. Playing with fire this guy. People will defend him again and again, by saying we are leading the table, "undefeated". Yeah, not any more if ATM and Madrid were to catch by brisking through wins despite not signing much players. Quite ironic we are doing more terrible than them. Says alot about his player management.

Home of Barca Fans